What moron at the marketing dept thought it'd be a good idea to bug paying customers every few days with 25% off something they never asked for?

Title says it all. It is extremely irritating to have to click away an ad for Evernote for Business before I can use the app that I'm already paying (too much) for. I don't have, and never will have, any use for EN for business, and I've already opted out of marketing messages a million times.

While evernote has gotten better in the last few months, things like this still make me feel that you're actively trying to get rid of your customers. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If you want to communicate with the morons, you need to employ moron-talk (called feedback) or moron-exchange (called support).

But maybe your input will not be valued, because the recipient may think a moron dropped it.

Moronic times they are, these.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Manic Panic said:

you're actively trying to get rid of your customers.

Hi.  You may have missed the memo that most lurkers around here are users rather than employees,  and the other threads where Evernote Marketing is described in less than complimentary terms.  As a subscriber,  you'll be able to contact Support by email or you could just feedback in one of the apps - but if you find  the nagging annoying,  so feel free to tell them that... 

• Like 2

I wonder what I'm doing wrong (or rather, right) to not see these in-app popup ads. I use Evernote (Personal) across five devices and I think I've seen a popup advert to upgrade to Professional just one time in the last year. 

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert
1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

I wonder what I'm doing wrong (or rather, right) to not see these in-app popup ads. I use Evernote (Personal)...

Me too. I think some of the solutions are being missed...

• Like 1

Thinking about this more... I did upgrade to Personal from Plus a year ago. (Loving Personal btw.) Perhaps they have some kind of promotional cool down period for people recently upgraded to a new plan? Just wild speculation there...

What moron at the marketing dept thought it'd be a good idea to bug paying customers

Perhaps it was the same "moron" that got other morons like me to upgrade and saw a huge increase in sales? (So those in-app promotions DO work, at least in my anecdotal case.) I dunno but 25% sale for one year... Pffft. Most of us are locked in for life (mostly joking). They should offer 75% off!!! 😜

Edit: Just to be clear... I think the word moron here is a bit harsh. I think it's actually a good idea to offer in-app promotions (which I do appreciate), but it sounds like the implementation went a little bit hay-wire in some/many cases (but not in my case).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, JonathanNyquist said:

I couldn't agree more! We are paying for the app; we shouldn't be subjected to in-app ads. At the very least, there should be a "Don't show again" option.

As already noted - not everyone suffers,  so there may be some self help steps you can take;  plus there are suggested workarounds;  and you can raise this with Support who can feed back to the Marketing department...

But even some much more expensive apps that I use send me 'helpful' offers from time to time,  so just because you pay doesn't mean you can be excused some nagging.  And - like some of the other comments here - I've been guilty of reading the odd special offer and deciding to try an app out for a year.  The problem with this approach is it works,  su companies keep on doing it.

I don't see any solutions suggested here, except "trying to pretend to go for the 25% off to fool the system into thinking this ##$%$ ad has worked" which I'm not about to do. But yes, I've been opted out of all possible ads for years in Evernote. 

Also, that's not the point. The point is I don't want to see ads in a product that I'm paying for. That shouldn't be an opt-out thing.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Manic Panic said:

The point is I don't want to see ads in a product that I'm paying for. That shouldn't be an opt-out thing.

If you have an Evernote account and are disinclined to take any action to avoid the ads,  ads is what you're going to get...  

1 minute ago, agsteele said:

Try it or not. Your choice. Why wouldn't you try a solution that has worked for others and would save continued annoyance?

WHAT has worked for others? Making the marketing dept think their ad has worked? That'll only make them bother the users with more ads.

• 4 months later...

I came to add my voice to this topic. I have been a premium account holder for approx 10 years. I am now being hassled literally every day when I open evernote (desktop/Mac) to upgrade to a more expensive plan. NO! I easily have what I need. Evernote payment plans suck anyway, why are they so expensive? Whatever. I was paying, every year. Now, considering the toilet that evernote is collapsing into (have you used the Android app recently?) this incessant hassling to pay more will end up in me actually paying nothing at all. I'm already investigating how to export everything to Obsidian.

• Like 2