(10.39) Auto-rotate is turned off on my phone, yet my interface still rotates when I tilt my phone sideways. This is the only app that does this.

I came to this forum because this is also happening with Evernote to me. I have auto rotate off/locked but when I physically move my phone, Evernote changes to landscape orientation. It's very frustrating and did not used to happen. I have a new phone since last month, so everything is up to date. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This happening to my phone too (Android 11). Only Evernote that behave like this. The app permisssion only ask for Location, Camera, Files and Mic. Nothing about Rotation.

So, it is a bug. And it's annoying.

I hope there is an update soon.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this once in a while, too. I opened up a ticket (#3577695) on this bug. Support understood the problem, the initial trouble shooting did not help. As they could not reproduce my report was to no avail. I think we have to live with it as with all the other shortcoming since EN10 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2022 at 2:06 AM, agsteele said:

I suspect that you have an app level permission set allowing rotation.

I certainly don't get the result you describe.

there's no app level settings or permission for rotation in EN app, it's just a bug that Evernote did not bother to remove. its freaking frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue after upgrading from an s8. I guess the app updated overnight but given 90% of my usage is lying down it kind of actually makes the app unusable for me. If they're really not doing much of anything to address this, I guess I'll be looking at alternatives. There is no setting locatable anywhere that should be allowing this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 10:31 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It continues to happen randomly. I've sent a screen recording to support. A simple close/restart of the app fixes it, but it always comes back at some unpredictable time.

Change Camera settings to "Ask every time".

It's lame that this simple confusion hasn't been fixed - Camera Mode is presumably intended to be locked to auto-rotate, not All Modes. (I still object to having the choice taken away - why?) 

Perhaps if they charged a lot less for Personal, or made a new lower tier with just one of the Personal functions, they could attract more impoverished users like me - at $2-$3 - and afford more programmers, instead of jumping from nothing to around the same as a TV service with original content? 

Evernote is part of my lifestyle, but for the current lowest price I could make do with a cloud folder of text notes.

• Level 5
17 hours ago, Beeflin said:

Change Camera settings to "Ask every time".

Is that in Evernote or Android system settings? In Evernote, the only camera setting is "Save photos to photo gallery." On my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra on Verizon with Android 13, there's also no setting like that. (There's a "Camera mode" setting, but it only has to do with whether it automatically starts in Photo or in the last-used mode such as Video.) Every Android version/phone maker/service provider seems to have different settings.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Beeflin said:

In Settings, Apps, Evernote, Permissions. 

Ah, got it. Thanks. For me, the auto-rotation happens seldom enough that it's easier to just close the app to fix it than to have to grant camera permission every time I use it.

• 2 months later...

Unwanted auto rotation was happening to me too.

Google Pixel 5 (Android 13)

I tried the camera solution.  Searched 'camera' in my settings, then went to the camera permissions manager.  Went to Evernote, changed it from 'not allowed' to 'ask every time' then restarted my phone.  Seems to have fixed it.  Have read that it might be a temporary fix, so I will report back if it keeps happening.

• Level 5

Does Google Docs offer features like links (and backlinks) across notes, tags, searchable attachments, etc.? If all you have is text notes, there are simpler and cheaper solutions than Evernote for sure. The question is what features are available in them if one has more than just text.