My Templates - Displaying in new Note as Suggested Template

I've created a few Templates of my own and I would like these to display as suggested template options when I create a new Note. Can anyone help me to do this? Currently I can only find the option to add Evernote Templates as Suggested options?

TIA

image.thumb.png.274412751edee10351c43c23b9f5ddd7.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kjm4321 said:

Currently I can only find the option to add Evernote Templates as Suggested options?

That is all you can do. You can't even use all of the Evernote templates, only the ones they have selected. For me, this massively reduces the usefulness of templates. It is quicker to produce your template as a note, add it to "shortcuts" and then duplicate it by right clicking the shortcut.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I always found it convenient to create my template note and sync it;  then export the note as an ENEX file to my desktop or a project folder.  Double clicking that ENEX file on my computer instantly creates a new note in that format in my database.

If you do find it more convenient to use the 'new note' menu,  what's wrong with the Open Gallery option?  Your saved (within Evernote) templates will show up there on their own page...  

templates.jpg.81f4abccd8785df7591fa941dcb176d3.jpg

8 hours ago, gazumped said:

If you do find it more convenient to use the 'new note' menu,  what's wrong with the Open Gallery option?  Your saved (within Evernote) templates will show up there on their own page... 

I like your approach and it probably is the least clicks solution. By my reckoning:

Using My templates within the gallery is 4 clicks total vs 3 for one of EN's own 

Right clicking and duplicating from a shortcut is 2 clicks.

Right clicking and "copy to" from a shortcut is 4 clicks.

There are ways of speeding this up using keyboard shortcuts (eg ctrl+N vs New -> Note or even quicker the "double click New hack")

It's all pretty subtle. I am just disproportionately miffed that I can't add my own templates to the new note because EN think their templates are better than mine - probably a failing in me!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I came here searching for this same answer, why in the world wouldn't I be able to have a quick access button to my OWN created templates when creating a note.

This makes zero sense and the workarounds don't really work if you are on mobile easily

hi all, I have a question which might be related. When I was browsing evernote, I somehow got to a page with extra templates, such as character biography and 🎃Halloween movie checklist 🎃 along with some others as well as the 58 templates on the templates page. Anyway, I can no longer find the page and I would really like to find it again to have a look through all the templates. (I think there was one about moon 🌙cycles which I can't find in any blog post) If anyone has a link to that particular page, please could you post it in the comments section below.Thank you

• 3 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 4:38 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I always found it convenient to create my template note and sync it;  then export the note as an ENEX file to my desktop or a project folder.  Double clicking that ENEX file on my computer instantly creates a new note in that format in my database.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this came up in a Google search for the same thing. 

I am intrigued by this solution, but when I tried it, the new note created from the ENEX file was put into a new notebook called "ENEX .....". Does this happen for you? Is there a way to change this default setting so that it pops up in an existing notebook? 

Thanks! 

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, JDCis said:

Is there a way to change this default setting so that it pops up in an existing notebook? 

Hmmn.  Might need to know your device,  OS and Evernote version for additional background,  but I have a couple of files I use regularly - they're table of content / "parent" and "child" notes that live on my Win 11 desktop.  (I use the parent version as a kind of executive summary for single projects or activities,  and if the project branches off some sub-tasks I can add a child note.)

Anyhoo if I doubleclick on the desktop enex file (or use File > Import) it gets imported to my default notebook as below - 

Doubleclick (or F>I) one of these - 

812664701_Screenshot2023-01-20014632.png.f53ab7a5d8d73a236492b5209a3e3449.png

Get this...

99585649_Screenshot2023-01-20015009.png.41026a6cbfe00efbed96a0d5698a2314.png

Maybe try the File > Import route and see wht happens?

7 hours ago, JDCis said:

Is there a way to change this default setting so that it pops up in an existing notebook? 

I've posted about the three different ways of importing enex files and the different results you get here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1