Just When I Thought I Was Out

Okay, so for the 47th time over the last 12 years, I'm back looking to go all in. Well, not all in. One foot is still firmly on the other side of the door, and multiple full and partial backups and redundancies are being maintained, but...

I'm starting to like what I see. I had built a dashboard a few years back that I liked, but the Home page has taken it's place. Also, dipping my toes in the waters of tasks. Between Home, Tasks and Calendars, I could see this becoming the One App. 

There' still a lot to be done, but I think it may be heading in the right direction.

I just have to remember that a runaway train might be heading in the right direction, too. Doesn't mean I want to be on it. 

Now, you guys (you know who you are) make up some popcorn and pull up a chair.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, dbvirago said:

I had built a dashboard a few years back that I liked, but the Home page has taken it's place.

I wish The Home page had an off/on/custom option   
I prefer my own custom dashboard note (combination daily journal, planner, dashboard)

>Calendars

I wish there was an option to select the calendar source
As an Apple Calendar user, Evernote's integration does nothing for me   

>Tasks 

I like the addition of due date  
I need independent access to note entities; tags, due date etc.
I'm still using a one task per note methodology 

>>One foot is still firmly on the other side of the door

I still have the Legacy product installed on my Mac

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, dbvirago said:

There' still a lot to be done, but I think it may be heading in the right direction.

There is a Light At The End Of The Tunnel!  Unless...  there's something coming the other way...  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

I wish The Home page had an off/on/custom option   
I prefer my own custom dashboard note (combination daily journal, planner, dashboard)

>Calendars

I wish there was an option to select the calendar source

>Tasks 

I like the addition of due date  
I need independent access to note entities; tags, due date etc.
I'm still using a one task per note methodology 

>>One foot is still firmly on the other side of the door

I still have the Legacy product installed on my Mac

I wish you could resize the widgets, otherwise, I'm happy with Home. 

Wish Calendar was a two way sync. I'm in EN much more than calendar, but I'm getting used to it.

Need recurring tasks, but for recurring or long term tasks, I like having them on my Home page. 

I still have Legacy and use it for backups or anytime I need to work on a of notes at once. Not just over 50. v10 takes seconds per note for any type of batch process.

But in the long run, that's not a foot out the door. If I left Evernote it wouldn't be for a different version. For my Windows/Android environment, Nimbus, Notion and Google Drive are all viable alternatives. 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, DTLow said:

Create a Google calendar and tie it to your Apple calendar.  Point to this Google calendar in Evernote and your Apple calendar content will display in Evernote's calendar.

With the calendar and task widgets now added, I'm starting to see the dashboard as useful.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Create a Google calendar and tie it to your Apple calendar.  Point to this Google calendar in Evernote and your Apple calendar content will display in Evernote's calendar.

Have you actually done this? 

I'm not aware of any reliable way to sync Apple calendar TO Google calendar (it's easy to sync FROM Google to Apple though). I'd love to learn how to do so if it's possible.

Otherwise I'm with DTLow; The EN calendar feature is useless to me. 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, RacingGoat said:

Have you actually done this? 

Yup.

It has been a while since I've set this up.  Other than sometimes taking a while for items to show up, I haven't noticed any sync issues.  

Just now, s2sailor said:

Yup.

It has been a while since I've set this up.  Other than sometimes taking a while for items to show up, I haven't noticed any sync issues.  

I think I did it many years ago by setting the Apple calendar to "Public" and adding the URL to Google Calendar. Didn't seem overly secure to me.

There may be a better way though, so I'll keep looking.