Pricing concerns over new subscriptions (Brazil/R$)

On 7/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, PinkElephant said:

EN has said they will continue the Plus plan as they did up to now - features of back then, price as back then.

Here in Brazil, it will cost R$ 250,00 the personal plan, charged yearly. The previous value was R$ 80,00. It's more than 200% of price increase. 

I will contact support staff to know more. I don't need tasks, and anything else that they offering. Just notes. 

• Sad 2
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, MarcSant said:

Here in Brazil, it will cost R$ 250,00 the personal plan, charged yearly. The previous value was R$ 80,00. It's more than 200% of price increase. 

We've been assured there's no price i crease for existing accounts 

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, MarcSant said:

I will contact support staff to know more. I don't need tasks, and anything else that they offering. Just notes. 

There are new statements (official ones …) that no matter what the dialogue shows at the moment, you will be charged the same price when renewal time is up.

When I remember my times in Brazil ( 🤩 ), the real was up and down, each time on another level. One time I went shopping like crazy, the other I had to make a plan to board with my last travelers check spended.

Don‘t know how it is today, but maybe we wait for renewal time. You can take @Shane D. by his word, I’m sure.

3 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

There are new statements (official ones …) that no matter what the dialogue shows at the moment, you will be charged the same price when renewal time is up.

When I remember my times in Brazil ( 🤩 ), the real was up and down, each time on another level. One time I went shopping like crazy, the other I had to make a plan to board with my last travelers check spended.

Don‘t know how it is today, but maybe we wait for renewal time. You can take @Shane D. by his word, I’m sure.

My fear is the price continues the same, but, from night to day they decided to change the plans again, even to old customers. So, this is the reason to still looking into Notion as alternative. Today, they offer a way more cool features, but I don't know if they are stable and rock solid like Evernote. Well, at least, I have the "word" from Mr. Shane that the prices will not increase for existing users.

2 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

About v10, it is very simple for me: I have installed both on my Mac, legacy and v10. Initially I only tested the waters with v10, worked mostly in legacy.

This shifted more and more to v10, simply because I like what I get. The last boost came with import folders.

Now I use at least 80% of the time v10. There are days when I don’t start the legacy client any more, because I don’t need it. There are some functions left where legacy is simply better to do the job, but the list is getting shorter.

That is my experience, and it clearly speaks for the positive development v10 has taken.

It's seams Import folders is not available to Windows users (like me). 

22 minutes ago, MarcSant said:

It's seams Import folders is not available to Windows users (like me). 

On my windows EN, import folders work great. Why do you think it is not available?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MarcSant said:

My fear is the price continues the same, but, from night to day they decided to change the plans again, even to old customers. So, this is the reason to still looking into Notion as alternative. Today, they offer a way more cool features, but I don't know if they are stable and rock solid like Evernote. Well, at least, I have the "word" from Mr. Shane that the prices will not increase for existing users.

Whilst that’s never beyond the realm of possibility, note that even plus customers who could have been phased out here have not been. EN appears to be trying to honour prices to long term customers. Also, notion too can raise their prices, sadly any company can do this but the track record is encouraging for us. I can’t change my plan ever like if I want to save a small amount a year 😂

• Like 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to Pricing concerns over new subscriptions (Brazil/R$)
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 23/7/2021 at 14:55, WilliamL dijo:

Whilst that’s never beyond the realm of possibility, note that even plus customers who could have been phased out here have not been. EN appears to be trying to honour prices to long term customers. Also, notion too can raise their prices, sadly any company can do this but the track record is encouraging for us. I can’t change my plan ever like if I want to save a small amount a year 😂

You got a point in here. I think that one has to be really carefull when selecting a long-term app (like a notes app), because you can't trust in the low prices: it's probably that they are just trying to attract customers and after a while increase significantly due to sunk costs.

That's a keay feature that has kept me with EN, since it has a long tradition and I suppose that they have overcome that stage of low prices to attract.

However, the dollar has affected us a lot, our currencies are a lot weakier now and the EN prices has increased a lot :( 

• Level 5

Currently prices are on a move, maybe due to currency relations, maybe because of the cost going up - or maybe because somebody feels he can make a buck. From the customer perspective the reason is really not important - up is up, and it means my bank balance is down.

EN needs to make sure the value of its product is up to the prices they charge. Because anybody here has different use cases, the individual value will vary. And we all need to balance benefit and expenses.

Second (or maybe first) there are few other apps where it is so easy to take my data and either move it, or leave it and let the account slip to Free. So in the end it is a question of alternatives, and our personal decision.

• 3 months later...