How to Hide Note Panel in New Evernote?

Hi,

I just tried the new EN but can't find how to hide the note panel.  This used to be available as a check box at /View/Note Panel, but now I can't find it anywhere.  I can drag the divider between the panes down in the Top List format but on my laptop it still takes up almost half the viewing area.  Same problem exists with the Side List format.  This new version is useless to me until I can fix this because on my laptop viewing both panes together makes them too small to use.  

Thanks,
Mike
  • Like 5
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a hot topic, and it's been asked for over many years, particularly in the Mac version. You can see this other thread that was started in 2014 linked below, and in multiple other threads. It's now 2022!!!!  This is such a simple ask that is needed for privacy and usability. Evernote clearly does not care about its users.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Nothing hot around here, and users telling blablabla this other app, that other app, without making the slightest hint about their use case are not a hot message neither. No app will ever suit every user, and if a user finds out another app works better, I think it is a natural move to switch. But without learning what was relevant or works better now, it is only a hollow statement.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Evernote Expert

There are means of achieving this in Evernote v10 but I agree that it isn't automatic.  If Legacy is best for your use then that's the way to go for you.  Meanwhile, feed your needs back to Evernote in the apps to get better traction.  I know that a whole load of settings are scheduled to arrive before the end of the year along with some other features that are hoped for. The result of customers making their needs known direct to Evernote.

image.thumb.png.a5d0bd55e5e5b76759d24e081b79cd2f.png

• Like 2

Hi agsteele,

Please share!  How can this be done in v10?  

I've been using Legacy because of this (and one other missing feature) and would love to get a step closer to upgrading to the current version.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Basically, you need to open a note via the dashboard but clearly, as I said, it is far from automatic. If this is key for you then stick with Legacy. I'm not sure I see this option appearing in settings anytime soon.

If you don't need the sidebar there is also the "expand note" view. Press the grey two arrow button at the top left of the note

image.png.84c6c4103fd0a5d116573b872fa77aaa.png

The "no note list" view that @agsteeledescribes can be obtained in a few ways. Here's my current list:

• Where you have added a note to shortcuts
  • From the recent notes list
  • a note in the "go to" section under search (either one of the ones that is there before you start typing into the search bar or the search suggestions that come up)
  • Any notes that are found in the quick search (Windows ctrl+Q)
  • Notes opened from "Home" as already explained by @agsteele

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

If you don't need the sidebar there is also the "expand note" view. Press the grey two arrow button at the top left of the note

The "no note list" view that @agsteeledescribes can be obtained in a few ways. Here's my current list:

• a note in the "go to" section under search (either one of the ones that is there before you start typing into the search bar or the search suggestions that come up)

We don't need note preveiew (NOT sidebar) 😕

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5
On 1/18/2023 at 11:38 AM, javctn said:

PLEASE give a option to hide a panel like in the previous versions. Hate it please give the option again...

Welcome to the forums. Generally speaking, it is best to read through a thread before posting. To hide the note list/preview panel, see the numerous suggestions in this earlier post:

On 11/3/2022 at 3:27 PM, Mike P said:

On 1/19/2023 at 5:58 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Welcome to the forums. Generally speaking, it is best to read through a thread before posting. To hide the note list/preview panel, see the numerous suggestions in this earlier post:

Your post for me is not addining anything to this discussion.
This button was mentioned before and there is reply that this is not what we need.

• Level 5
17 hours ago, Dominik Kociecki said:

Your post for me is not addining anything to this discussion.
This button was mentioned before and there is reply that this is not what we need.

My post was not addressed to you, but was responding to a new person posting here, who may not have read through the discussio.

But, OK. Which panel is it that you wish to hide, and in which Evernote client (Windows or Mac desktop, Web, etc.)? By "note preview" panel, do you mean the middle panel with the list of notes (which can contain previews in some view options)? That can be hidden with the "expand note" button. Or the right panel where each note is displayed individually? I consider that to be the note editing panel. It can't be completely hidden (perhaps because only a small number of people want to do that), but it can be reduced by dragging the border of the middle panel as far into it as possible. It might also be possible to customize the Home page to have nothing but a list of filtered notes.