Send To Evernote (Windows 10)

jdnunn

Idea

This functionality is gone, or diminished (at best). In the old version right-clicking a file and choosing to "Send to Evernote" would upload the file to the default notebook. After re-adding the "Send to Evernote" function on my Windows 10 machine, when a file is sent, it is imported to a new folder called the same as the file name. and if I decide to import five files at one time, I get five new notebooks!

Two images included: one of the Send to Folder on my Windows machine; one of the five new notebooks.

I use this functionality ALL the time, but won't any longer as it has created a huge inefficiency in my process.

shell-sendto-folder.jpg

notebook_nightmare.jpg

18 replies to this idea

"Send to EN" doesn't work anymore for me either.  Neither does dragging and dropping a PDF file into a new note, or into a notebook.  I have no idea at this point how to get my PDF bills into Evernote, which was one of the main things I was using Evernote for.

• Level 5
On 10/13/2020 at 10:00 PM, jdnunn said:

After re-adding the "Send to Evernote" function on my Windows 10 machine, when a file is sent, it is imported to a new folder called the same as the file name. and if I decide to import five files at one time, I get five new notebooks!

This seems to be a generalized, um, "feature" of Evernote 10. There are reports in the forums of this happening with scanned files as well, and I think also with emailed files. It eliminates part of the value of having a default notebook, IMHO.

• Like 1

I noticed the send to Evernote option missing as well. I also use it often. If Evernote wants to be the go to note app, then it must integrate and be accessible all the time when working on the desktop (in my case windows 10).

7 hours ago, weemaple said:

"Send to EN" doesn't work anymore for me either.  Neither does dragging and dropping a PDF file into a new note, or into a notebook.  I have no idea at this point how to get my PDF bills into Evernote, which was one of the main things I was using Evernote for.

That's strange. For me dragging and dropping a pdf file onto an existing note attaches the note as expected. If I drag and drop it onto the note list it creates a new note with the pdf atrtached.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Is everyone exploring the Legacy option?

Not me.  6.25.1.9091 is working fine for me.  If you hover over the link 6.25.2.9198 appears.  Not sure what is different about it, but why take the risk at this point in my view.  If you decide to take one for the team let us know how it goes.  :)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, CalS said:

If you decide to take one for the team

No way - I'm sticking with 6.25.1 too for the moment.  Just wanted to be sure the rest of the team here were remembering that normal service still exists with a short step back...

• Like 1

Thanks folks, I've come across this after "upgrading".  When scanning I get new folders called "(Imported)..."

Going to go back to the old version.  I'm not a "power user" but I've been using for a long time, and it seems that every simple workflow that I use in the application has now been broken.  Very disappointed.

• Sad 1

I have the same problem when scanning, sending to, and sending by mail, a new notebook is always created directly. Apparently no default notebook can be selected. Which is a pity. But I think this is a mistake. I can't imagine that they intentionally disabled this feature ;-)

And every time I send something to evernote via Windows Explorer or scanner, the message in EN appears: "Importprocess completed...."
This message is also very annoying, can you add an option to hide it? In the old app this message did not exist.

5 hours ago, weemaple said:

I still have no luck getting a PDF into Evernote after uninstalling and installing the Legacy version.

Could you describe your workflow? As I've said above, dragging and dropping into an existing note or onto the note list to create a new note always seems to work for me.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Endurance said:

Is this now fixed, or is still the legacy APP the better one? 

You just joined a 2 - year-old thread.  I'd think there would have been more comment if there was still an issue...

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Endurance said:

Is this now fixed, or is still the legacy APP the better one? 

Maybe try it and see? In File Explorer, right click on document, select Send To, select Evernote. For me, it instantly creates a note with the document attached, in the default folder.

• Like 1