Manual Sync Button

Steveapc

I don't understand the rationale of eliminating the "SYNC" button.  I'm on the road a good part of the time and am making constant changes/additional to my notes.  Pressing the SYNC button and getting an immediate confirmation of the spinning wheel gives me confidence the file has been updated for all my devices (cell, iPad, desktops & laptops) and I can move on.  Having to check the web or cell phone to verify if the changes did in fact update, is a waste of time and leaves me weary that something may not get updated properly if I am in a hurry and forget to verify.  Please bring the SYNC button back.  I'm not sure if anyone from the Evernote Beta Team is reviewing these comments as I have not seen a response on anybody's posts.  

• Like 5
  • Level 5*

What version is this? I have 7.14 on my mac, and it is the latest and the sync button is there.

If it is gone from a future version, I wholeheartedly agree, it needs to be there. I am careful on my machines (Windows and Mac) to do a final manual refresh and wait until it stops spinning until I suspend either laptop. I cannot afford to have notes orphaned on one machine because it didn't sync.

I'm going through my notes and updating/deleting but, if I make any changes, the cursor jumps back to the top of the notes list. I then have to spend ages finding the last note I looked at so I can carry on. How do I turn off auto sync while I'm doing this? I'm using a Macbook with the latest OS.

Edit: I don't think it's sync. I turned the internet off and it still did it. I'll add a separate tag to a selection as I go and deal with them from there in smaller sections.

• Level 5*
On 8/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, RobinM said:

I'm going through my notes and updating/deleting but, if I make any changes, the cursor jumps back to the top of the notes list. I then have to spend ages finding the last note I looked at so I can carry on. How do I turn off auto sync while I'm doing this? I'm using a Macbook with the latest OS.

Edit: I don't think it's sync. I turned the internet off and it still did it. I'll add a separate tag to a selection as I go and deal with them from there in smaller sections.

Change your sort to be on the updated column so it is always at the top/bottom, whichever. You may have it sorting on title and it alphabetically just vanishes on you going to where it needs to be.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:03 AM, EdH said:

Change your sort to be on the updated column so it is always at the top/bottom, whichever. You may have it sorting on title and it alphabetically just vanishes on you going to where it needs to be.

Of course! That did cross my mind sometime during the night but I hadn't got round to trying it. But, of course that's it. It works just as I want. Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...