Jump to content
We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
  • 0
Iriska

Evernote for Windows 6.25GA

Idea

Today we released Windows 6.25 GA. It's available here!

What’s in 6.25 GA?

Fixed:

  • Some users experienced issues with switching Google accounts once authenticated on non-Chrome browsers
  • Issues with note history import
  • Security update
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

11 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Installed - though I got asked for permissions 3 times during the process,  and the initial window warned that my system might restart - which it didn't,  eventually.  Everything seems back anyways... more to follow when I get chance to use the new version.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Huh. That should only happen on a same-version-upgrade. Looks like the installer didn't get built correctly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I think it was done quickly to fix History which went paws up in the last few days.  If I were guessing due to a server change to support some bit of new development (browser?).  6.24 has been around since mid March or so I doubt that code broke.  All just navel gazing though.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

My personal machine had a similar problem on installing the client but it did not have any issues running it once installed.  It's just an installer problem.  I'll look into it further.  We did make some upgrades to the build servers so that's most likely what caused it.

You are correct about the Note History issues.  A server upgrade caused the HTTP Status text for 200, which is the "OK" staus, to stop returning the status text of "OK" like expected.  This was causing a false positive error and was treating the 200 as a failure.  Note History was the most obvious place this was seen but other internal HTTP calls were failing as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks for reporting the installer issue. We fixed it and updated the link above with a new build

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hmmn.  So this time I got a pop-up that another new version 6.25.1 was available,  and clicked on that.  No warnings,  no messages,  no progress bar...  This time everything went away for a few minutes before the new new version loaded...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Wow - 3 updates in 5 days.  Getting a little giddy here folks...

My last version (yesterday!!) was 309084 (I think)

I appreciate the attention to detail,  but anyone going to come up with some additional release comments?

81906128_Clipboard1.jpg.937229ac7c43b55a5285b9e8db4e44a4.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 6/27/2020 at 7:09 AM, gazumped said:

Wow - 3 updates in 5 days.  Getting a little giddy here folks...

My last version (yesterday!!) was 309084 (I think)

I appreciate the attention to detail,  but anyone going to come up with some additional release comments?

81906128_Clipboard1.jpg.937229ac7c43b55a5285b9e8db4e44a4.jpg

I'm experiencing the same exact issue two months later. What is going on here? 

 

I've been getting ~3x updates a week for 6.25.1. I'm about to uninstall this client completely.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, MintyFresh said:

I've been getting ~3x updates a week for 6.25.1. I'm about to uninstall this client completely.

Your choice - there's a setting in Tools > Options > General you can untick for "automatically check for updates" to quieten things down if you want...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, gazumped said:

Your choice - there's a setting in Tools > Options > General you can untick for "automatically check for updates" to quieten things down if you want...

Interesting, I have it enabled, not seeing a problem, maybe it's because I also have beta updates enabled?

Not seeing a flood of reports, maybe it's a limited issue.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
37 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Interesting, I have it enabled, not seeing a problem, maybe it's because I also have beta updates enabled?

Not seeing a flood of reports, maybe it's a limited issue.

I don't have beta enabled. And I only saw it the one time (when I updated). I am on 309091.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...