Evernote for Windows 6.25GA

Iriska

Idea

• Ex Employees

Today we released Windows 6.25 GA. It's available here!

What’s in 6.25 GA?

Fixed:

• Some users experienced issues with switching Google accounts once authenticated on non-Chrome browsers
  • Issues with note history import
  • Security update
  • Like 2

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Installed - though I got asked for permissions 3 times during the process,  and the initial window warned that my system might restart - which it didn't,  eventually.  Everything seems back anyways... more to follow when I get chance to use the new version.

• Level 5*

I think it was done quickly to fix History which went paws up in the last few days.  If I were guessing due to a server change to support some bit of new development (browser?).  6.24 has been around since mid March or so I doubt that code broke.  All just navel gazing though.

My personal machine had a similar problem on installing the client but it did not have any issues running it once installed.  It's just an installer problem.  I'll look into it further.  We did make some upgrades to the build servers so that's most likely what caused it.

You are correct about the Note History issues.  A server upgrade caused the HTTP Status text for 200, which is the "OK" staus, to stop returning the status text of "OK" like expected.  This was causing a false positive error and was treating the 200 as a failure.  Note History was the most obvious place this was seen but other internal HTTP calls were failing as well.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  So this time I got a pop-up that another new version 6.25.1 was available,  and clicked on that.  No warnings,  no messages,  no progress bar...  This time everything went away for a few minutes before the new new version loaded...

• Level 5*

Wow - 3 updates in 5 days.  Getting a little giddy here folks...

My last version (yesterday!!) was 309084 (I think)

I appreciate the attention to detail,  but anyone going to come up with some additional release comments?

81906128_Clipboard1.jpg.937229ac7c43b55a5285b9e8db4e44a4.jpg

• Like 1
On 6/27/2020 at 7:09 AM, gazumped said:

Wow - 3 updates in 5 days.  Getting a little giddy here folks...

My last version (yesterday!!) was 309084 (I think)

I appreciate the attention to detail,  but anyone going to come up with some additional release comments?

81906128_Clipboard1.jpg.937229ac7c43b55a5285b9e8db4e44a4.jpg

I'm experiencing the same exact issue two months later. What is going on here? 

I've been getting ~3x updates a week for 6.25.1. I'm about to uninstall this client completely.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 8/16/2020 at 2:31 PM, MintyFresh said:

I've been getting ~3x updates a week for 6.25.1. I'm about to uninstall this client completely.

Your choice - there's a setting in Tools > Options > General you can untick for "automatically check for updates" to quieten things down if you want...

On 8/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, gazumped said:

Your choice - there's a setting in Tools > Options > General you can untick for "automatically check for updates" to quieten things down if you want...

Interesting, I have it enabled, not seeing a problem, maybe it's because I also have beta updates enabled?

Not seeing a flood of reports, maybe it's a limited issue.

37 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Interesting, I have it enabled, not seeing a problem, maybe it's because I also have beta updates enabled?

Not seeing a flood of reports, maybe it's a limited issue.

I don't have beta enabled. And I only saw it the one time (when I updated). I am on 309091.

• Like 1

I found a release 6.25.3 on Evernote's website.  Does anyone have documentation on changes from 6.25.1?

6.25.1 I was only able to find on FileHippo and other third party sites.  Does anyone have documentation for the expected checksum for 6.25.1 and 6.25.3 so I can be sure I am installing unmodified Evernote software?

• Level 5*

Hi.  6.25.1 was the last general release before v10 came on the scene.  While V10 was being introduced they changed 25.1 slightly to 25.2 and .3 so it would run alongside the then fairly new v10 without too many problems.  What the situation is now,  a couple of years later I couldn't say.  Legacy users seem to have experienced sync issues from time to time,  and because the app is no longer supported,  you may find that your OS or your browser may have their own changes which prevent the 'old' app from running.  

AFAIK there's no longer any published documentation on either app to verify whether what you get from third-party sites is genuine.