Why not a feature to open notebook in new window?

jianfa.tsai

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, jianfa.tsai said:

than searching for the notebooks

...Hi again... If you can explain your process in more detail maybe we can be more constructive - the notebook drop-down in the note window allows you to choose a notebook if you're sorting through an inbox, otherwise emailing / clipping the notes directly to a selected notebook seems more efficient. I also use Filterize,  which views my newly synced notes and on the basis of the title, tags or content, can reassign them to the correct notebook where necessary.

There's only so much Evernote can do towards helping users find notebooks by name,  but the search options and features like Stacks help to group and locate them fairly quickly.  I use "||<name>" for stacks and "|<name>" for notebooks to differentiate them from single note names,  and |Ev will get me to the Evernote notebook in 3 keystrokes...

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

Why not a feature to open notebook in new window?

Evernote uses a note list paradigm model to display notes of different categories
(notebook, tag, search)
This note list is displayed in the Evernote Home window
On a Mac, we can display multiple Home windows1831811921_ScreenShot2020-04-09at4_33_25PM.png.354adc019168743e8444431067b0648f.png

30 minutes ago, gazumped said:

...Hi again... If you can explain your process in more detail maybe we can be more constructive - the notebook drop-down in the note window allows you to choose a notebook if you're sorting through an inbox, otherwise emailing / clipping the notes directly to a selected notebook seems more efficient. I also use Filterize,  which views my newly synced notes and on the basis of the title, tags or content, can reassign them to the correct notebook where necessary.

There's only so much Evernote can do towards helping users find notebooks by name,  but the search options and features like Stacks help to group and locate them fairly quickly.  I use "||<name>" for stacks and "|<name>" for notebooks to differentiate them from single note names,  and |Ev will get me to the Evernote notebook in 3 keystrokes...

thanks for pointing me with the resources. On the stacks, I have 150+ notebooks... I look into filterize. :)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote uses a note list paradigm model to display notes of different categories
(notebook, tag, search)
This note list is displayed in the Evernote Home window
On a Mac, we can display multiple Home windows1831811921_ScreenShot2020-04-09at4_33_25PM.png.354adc019168743e8444431067b0648f.png

I wish Windows will be like the Mac to display multiple home windows. In the mean time I use the Chrome EN web as additional windows in conjunction with the desktop EN. But the downside of that is home internet speed creates lag with the EN web version...

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

That will help quickly organise notes of different categories in a single page into the respective notebook windows via cut and paste than searching for the notebooks (multiple steps)

Only way to do this on Windows is to open EN in a browser window (or more with multiple browsers) and the desktop app.  A bit risky with sync issues if you don't pay attention though.

It'd be nice to have the option to open a notebook within the desktop app. This will help someone who's working on multiple projects to quickly jump from project to project without losing their spot.  This applies to users who create a notebook for each of their projects and have multiple notes for each project. 

PS: For notebooks, I think opening a new tab within the app (like browsers these days) would make it easier to manage. In other words, find individual notes in separate windows, but notebooks in separate tabs within the app.