I am running Catalina 10.15.4 and Evernote 7.14.

I have my ScanSnap iX500 setup to scan directly to Evernote.  Every time I scan something, Evernote puts the new note where I want it (do to) but it pops up the note in a separate frame (as if I just double-clicked on it.)

How do I get it to stop?

thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

Hi. We're a (mainly) user-supported Forum so as soon as someone has anything useful to add they probably will.  Meantime I'm not a Mac user,  so no real knowledge here.  Have you checked the options/ preferences in your scanning software to see if there's an 'open note after scan' choice you can switch off?

• Level 5*
On 4/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, Jordan Thompson said:

I am running Catalina 10.15.4 and Evernote 7.14.

I have my ScanSnap iX500 setup to scan directly to Evernote.  Every time I scan something, Evernote puts the new note where I want it (do to) but it pops up the note in a separate frame (as if I just double-clicked on it.)

How do I get it to stop?

thanks in advance!

May not have anything to do with it, but there is an option on Windows to create new notes in a new window.  Is there such an option on the Mac?  Again probably not related, just spitballing.

• Level 5

I thought as well there was an option. But because I use both clients, maybe it was on the Windows version.

Both client has its their own history, so for me it is using on which machine I am in that moment. Can create a confusion when it comes to the finer options.

• 11 months later...

Hi all! I'm still having this same issue. I LOVE evernote but...this is SUPER annoying. If I have a stack of documents to scan (many are lease agreements or contracts of 20-30 pages), evernote pops up a new window for every note. After a while evernote slows to a crawl and I have to close it. Even if I click the "Close all Notes Windows" periodically, it still seems to suffer. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Again...LOVE Evernote...just need this very little annoyance addressed. Just a switch to say..."Scan quietly" or something. 

THANKS!