Disappointed

Hi, how are you? (hope so)

I have been an Evernote user for over 2 years (on this account) and over 3 years on old accounts. And, unfortunately, my patience with the platform is running out. I have reached the limit of my tolerance for a few reasons:

• Notes that disappear;
  • Windows Errors;
  • Different formatting between smartphone (android) and PC;
  • Instabilities;

I make it clear: I love the app, but already reported and known bugs still persist for both Windows and Android users. I do not know what it will look like in the future, but if I continue this way, I will have to migrate to some competitor.

I hope that excellence returns to the former.

Regards,

Bruno S.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Difficult to comment without specifics - can you give us any ticket numbers so the Admins can maybe look into the progress of some of your reports?  Or maybe a list of the main issues that concern you?  I'm sure there will be lots of agreement here that a totally bug-free environment would be an improvement,  but Evernote has to prioritize what it fixes,  and some things - like fixing the drag-n-drop issue - may be outside their immediate control...

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, by.bruno said:

I have reached the limit of my tolerance for a few reasons:

I don't consider the Evernote editor my primary editing tool, and I'm tolerant of the bugs and quirks.
"Notes that disappear" is a serious concern.  I haven't experienced this. but I have backups to recover if necessary.

Em 25/08/2018 at 11:32, gazumped disse:

Hi.  Difficult to comment without specifics - can you give us any ticket numbers so the Admins can maybe look into the progress of some of your reports?  Or maybe a list of the main issues that concern you?  I'm sure there will be lots of agreement here that a totally bug-free environment would be an improvement,  but Evernote has to prioritize what it fixes,  and some things - like fixing the drag-n-drop issue - may be outside their immediate control...

Hi, yes, it's a serious case. One of the errors in Windows is the one shown in the attachment.

At certain times, Evernote does not open.

On Android: When you are editing a note, the formatting done via smartphone unconfigures it.

Em 25/08/2018 at 11:34, DTLow disse:

I don't consider the Evernote editor my primary editing tool, and I'm tolerant of the bugs and quirks.
"Notes that disappear" is a serious concern.  I haven't experienced this. but I have backups to recover if necessary.

Well, I use Evernote as my center of everything I do. I have tried other applications with the same intention, but I always go back to Dear Elephant.

I believe that as a productivity company, certain mistakes can not happen, such as those already mentioned above.

Erro.png

On 8/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, by.bruno said:

Notes that disappear;

This is a big one for sure. I experienced some of this with 6.8 when it first came out and realized how significant of an issue it is. Once your trust is lost to your system, it no longer serves you. I had notes keeping the title but showing note detail from a different note in that version as well. 6.13 lost an screenshot too.

So I definitely get that it becomes very frustrating and disappointing for sure. I recommend using a version that you know works for you, until these issues are fixed to a satisfactory level (i.e. happening very very seldom) and until excellence returns to the app like you stated.

My current Windows version works for me for now and I hope the new releases are less frustrating and buggy to all the users.

• Level 5*

No matter what safeguards are built into a system,  unexpected crashes can consign new work to an IT black hole somewhere.  Nothing much to be done about that.

As regards loss of notes that 'should' be saved on the server,  I'm a strong believer in keeping a local backup just in case something goes wrong.  I get daily full backups of my database (including local notebooks) from Backupery,  and I also archive my EXB files to keep a 6-month history.

I haven't had an editor conflict between Android and Windows in a long time,  but I'm now up to Evernote 6.15 so your mileage ...

• Level 5
4 hours ago, by.bruno said:

Hi, yes, it's a serious case. One of the errors in Windows is the one shown in the attachment.

At certain times, Evernote does not open.

I wonder if this could be related to the problem under discussion in this thread in the Windows help forum:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived