(Archived) Insert date feature

• Level 5*
Control + ; does not seem to work on my paid version of Evernote.. anyone else have a way to do this?

The Windows client? I just tried it and it worked fine. I am running the latest Windows beta (3.5.5.2566), though I'm pretty sure it's been working for some time. Just click somewhere in a note, and press Ctrl + ; and voila. Note that an Evernote client on a different platform might use a different shortcut.

~Jeff

What kind of keyboard layout do you have? It's not the same in every language. On my german keyboard it's Ctrl + ü.

Just play around a little bit. Press Ctrl + some keys near the Enter key. One of them will work. ;)

Control + ; does not seem to work on my paid version of Evernote.. anyone else have a way to do this?
The Windows client? I just tried it and it worked fine.

It works fine for me, too.

(To clarify, "Control + ;" translates to two keystrokes, the ctrl key plus the semi colon.)

Another one that works is shift, alt, d but it's not as efficient as Jeff's suggestion.

Thank you! This is great—I have this set up with Auto HotKey to use OS wide but this is a great shortcut for some of my staff I have using Evernote.

Any other auto insert type shortcuts? Day, OS username, just date etc?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Ah ... this is frsutating. I try both CTRL+; and ALT SHFT D to auto insert the date/time but neither work . Using Windows 7 and Firefox 8.0. Also tried it under IE and did not work. The date/time should just show where the cursor is - right ?? Any clues?

Ah ... this is frsutating. I try both CTRL+; and ALT SHFT D to auto insert the date/time but neither work . Using Windows 7 and Firefox 8.0. Also tried it under IE and did not work. The date/time should just show where the cursor is - right ?? Any clues?

That sounds like you are using the web version?

The date shortcut is only in the windows client at the moment (IIRC)

Archived