facilethings not showing image with note

Hey,

I am trying to set up evernote with facilethings and am having a bit of a problem with images within notes not showing up in my facilethings inbox (or wherever the note is). It just has a link to the image.pdf. It says login into evernote for images to appear, but i am!

Do the images need to be saved in EN as something other than .pdf?

Really appreciate any help here!

Can you let us know what you think of Faciletings? I had looked into it before, never signed up for it or tried it out. Actually, it is a note in Evernote from 2016 where I took some screenshots of it.

I would be curious to find out what an Evernote user thinks.

Honestly, it's pretty good. A little slow, but it helps get GTD right out of the box. Kind of awkward in a few ways, but overall very nice. The toggle for kanban and sequential tasks is cool, too.

The sync with En is great.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Did either of you checkout Zendone at any time.  I tried it a few years back and it worked well, just decided I would forgoe some of the GTD specificity it supplied for having everything in one place bumbling forward.

• Like 1

no but i might now :P

" forgoe some of the GTD specificity it supplied for having everything in one place bumbling forward. "

Only issues with facilethings are probably related to the gtd specificity ...(personally speaking...) kinda slows things down, but does help get the system sorted right out of the gate. It has a guided weekly review built in, too.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, c_fulkan said:

no but i might now :P

" forgoe some of the GTD specificity it supplied for having everything in one place bumbling forward. "

Only issues with facilethings are probably related to the gtd specificity ...(personally speaking...) kinda slows things down, but does help get the system sorted right out of the gate. It has a guided weekly review built in, too.

Yeah a lot of nice features in Zendone, pretty UI, and an EN interface.  Just not my cup of teas to work out of two places.  

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, CalS said:

having everything in one place bumbling forward....Just not my cup of teas to work out of two places.  

That's my feeling too.  Evernote is my one storage place.

Also, I don't want to be constrained by any packaged workflow.
So I review these alternate services and implement the best points into my personal workflow.
On the Mac platform, I implement automation with scripting.  It works, even if not as pretty as the dedicated apps.

For the users of FacileThings and Zendone; are there any specific features delivered by the apps that you think are important.
The workflow diagram from Zendone gives a good overview of the GTD workflow.  For myself, I implemented many addition details in the Reference/Archive section..

5ab12b797d9f1_IMG_215608_30_45.thumb.png.8b1ac8132d793136de38b71ff0fab198.png

• Like 1
On 3/19/2018 at 1:54 PM, CalS said:

Did either of you checkout Zendone at any time.

Zendone looks really nice. Thanks for bringing it up, I had not checked it before.

I now have a nice balance between Evernote and Todoist for my personal management system and it works. I do like to check out new/other products that can improve things for sure. 

You said "GTD specificity"...was it too rigid? 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

Zendone looks really nice. Thanks for bringing it up, I had not checked it before.

I now have a nice balance between Evernote and Todoist for my personal management system and it works. I do like to check out new/other products that can improve things for sure. 

You said "GTD specificity"...was it too rigid? 

Too rigid for me.  I'm more of a combo TSW and reminders type.  I don't care much about context per se, seems the more I refine things the more time I spend unraveling them.  TSW for non-deadline tasks and reminders for deadline tasks, work/play - home/away, doesn't matter.  Note that TSW tasks become reminder tasks if they stick around for toooooo long, dates supersede all else. 

That being said, easier for me to have everything in one place with Shift-Alt-T for TSW (! tags are at the top) and a group of saved searches for reminders.  Plus a tag:!* search when working the TSW tasks.  A few clicks and I have an excellent sense of what is most important.  If the focused search lists get too long I am doing something wrong.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but works for me.  ;)

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...
  • Level 5

Thanks for posting - I think it may be worth noting that it will cost as much as an Evernote Professional subscription, but only when you pick a full year. No free plan, just a 30day trial. No export option listed on the web site. Some mail and cloud integrations, but no web clipper listed. Comes with 5 GB of cloud storage, which - looking at the total price - is tremendously expensive. There are free cloud plans with about that or more storage.

So it may the THE thing if you want to go GTD all in. But I would for sure use the trial, and think about how to fetch my data one day.

For everybody else I recommend the booklet by the David Allen Company about how to set up GTD with EN. It was written for the Windows legacy client, but works with v10 as well. You can buy it online for 10$.

• 2 months later...

I've been using FacileThings for about a year and it's incredibly capable.

There are some negatives: The UI isn't as flash as some of the new apps and it's online only. However, it's implementation of the GTD workflow is unmatched by any other application I've tried.

It doesn't have a web clipper, but it integrates with Evernote, so that any notes added (or clipped) into the designated inbox notebook are surfaced in FacileThings for clarification. It can then add tags to the notes based on whether they are Next Action, Someday/Maybe, Waiting For etc. and optionally move the note to a specified folder. You can also apply tags that you use in FacileThings to the note in Evernote.

I also have it integrated with Braintoss, and use that for quick text, voice and camera capture. You can also capture by emailing to a custom FacileThings email address.

In GTD, projects (i.e., tasks which comprise of more than a single action) can have associated "Project Support Material". In FacileThings, projects can have an associated Evernote notebook, so that any notes in that notebook appear in the project as Reference Material.

It can also integrate with Google and Outlook calendars. I've got mine hooked up to my Outlook.com calendar, and items added to the calendar appear in the FacileThings calendar view almost instantly. It also works in the other direction, so if you get something in FacileThings (even notes from Evernote) it adds it to the Outlook calendar automatically.

So while it might not be the best looking app, or the cheapest, it's very powerful when used in the right way.

• Level 5

Thanks for posting your experience. Since many EN users apply GTD (or a flavor of the method), it is probably worth to take the 30 days trial.

Just to mention it: The pricing of FacileThings is on the level of a Personal EN subscription. Both together will be in the range of 120€/$ per year.

The integration of FacileThings into EN is presumably running through the EN API. I am not aware of an official integration, which means in case of problems one needs to contact the FacileThings support.

Nothing wrong with both aspects, this applies to a number of other useful apps.