Lost all of my notes

Due to a hardware error I had to replace and reinstall my entire system and see that all of my notes are gone.

I already checked the Bin and cannot see them in Evernote Web either. I had the Basic Build, so I guess there is no sync function coming with that. Do you offer any help to restore these or how should I proceed? Thank you a lot in advance!

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, downflux01 said:

Due to a hardware error I had to replace and reinstall my entire system and see that all of my notes are gone.

Can you explain the process you used to reinstall the Evernote software?

One process is to download the app and reinstall
The app rebuilds the database from the Evernote servers (except for local notebooks)

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, downflux01 said:

I already checked the Bin and cannot see them in Evernote Web either. I had the Basic Build, so I guess there is no sync function coming with that. Do you offer any help to restore these or how should I proceed? Thank you a lot in advance!

All plans allow sync. Basic just restricts you to two devices at a time, and that does not include the web. As @csihilling said, ensure you are logging in with the proper account. The only other way I can see that you have lost your notes is if you had them in a Local Only notebook, which is hard to do by accident, or you were having a sync issue and didn't resolve the red exclamation point by the sync button.

• Ex Employees

Hi @downflux01.

As @csihilling and @EdH suggested, it appears  that the Evernote account tied to the email address you used to access this forum was created within the past 48 hours. Try logging into Evernote using another email address you use or have used in the past with this link: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action. Make sure you're attempting to "Sign in" and not "Sign Up". 

Let us know if you're unable to find the Evernote account with your notes. 

Archived