Jump to content
  • 0
rubenb

Other Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2 released (Official Thread)

Idea

Hi All,
 
I’m pleased to announce the release of Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2!
 
This release fixes numerous bugs. Most notable fixes:
  • Text highlighting didn't work in Article/Full-page modes
  • Error message 'Cannot run web clipper...' after successful clipping
  • Error message 'Cannot run web clipper...' when using ` keyboard shortcut
  • Too fast scrolling inside notebook popup
  • Safari: Installation didn't work for macOS Sierra users

Thanks all for providing helpful info about problems, it helped us reproduce and fix many of the issues!

Availablity:

We submitted for all three browsers today: Chrome users can expect 6.9.2 in the next few hours. For Opera it'll take a few days. Safari users need to be a bit more patient as the review process may take a week or two.

Cheers
Ruben

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

30 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

@rubenb

Just updated the chrome browser to 6.9.2.  Try this, use Chrome to capture this page in the various formats and then do the same with FF, (I'm using 6.2).  In my view

  1. Article - FF is a bit cleaner but you can't expand to the header, you can expand to the header in chrome but the result is messy.
  2. Simplified Article - a push, though chrome has some noise in the header
  3. Full Page - FF is a reasonable representation of the page, Chrome is toast in comparison
  4. Bookmark -  Chrome is clean, FF is toast in comparison

Maybe its what's in the pages of this forum, but the full page for chrome is not so good.  And it is significantly slower for full page, a good 15 second lag where the wheel stops spinning (3 times in a row), versus a second for FF.  All done on this page.

Not being critical here, just providing input as to what I see.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, rubenb said:
Availablity:

We submitted for all three browsers today: Chrome users can expect 6.9.2 in the next few hours. For Opera it'll take a few days. Safari users need to be a bit more patient as the review process may take a week or two.

Cheers
Ruben

Did you guys forget Edge already? :) 

Looking forward to that update..

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
29 minutes ago, gazumped said:

And Firefox?  :mellow:

Hey now, FF is working fine for me at the moment.  :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
10 hours ago, gustavgi said:

Did you guys forget Edge already? :) 

Looking forward to that update..

 

We have Edge 6.9.2 ready, but need to wait for Microsoft's OK before we can submit.
We hope that happens before mid-September.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

And Firefox?  :mellow:

We're working on it :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
15 hours ago, csihilling said:

@rubenb

Just updated the chrome browser to 6.9.2.  Try this, use Chrome to capture this page in the various formats and then do the same with FF, (I'm using 6.2).  In my view

  1. Article - FF is a bit cleaner but you can't expand to the header, you can expand to the header in chrome but the result is messy.
  2. Simplified Article - a push, though chrome has some noise in the header
  3. Full Page - FF is a reasonable representation of the page, Chrome is toast in comparison
  4. Bookmark -  Chrome is clean, FF is toast in comparison

Maybe its what's in the pages of this forum, but the full page for chrome is not so good.  And it is significantly slower for full page, a good 15 second lag where the wheel stops spinning (3 times in a row), versus a second for FF.  All done on this page.

Not being critical here, just providing input as to what I see.  Thanks

 

Thanks for the feedback.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On ‎2016‎-‎08‎-‎24 at 9:40 AM, rubenb said:

We have Edge 6.9.2 ready, but need to wait for Microsoft's OK before we can submit.
We hope that happens before mid-September.

Got the automatic update earlier today.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thank you very much! :lol:

The issue of "The clipper couldn't start on this page..." dialog was solved!

I wish your company many more successful years.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/27/2016 at 3:23 PM, gustavgi said:

Got the automatic update earlier today.

Yes, we were able to submitted a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Evernote Web Clipper is not working at all in Safari 9.1.3.  When should we expect that the Safari review will be completed?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bonjour,

About Web Clipper 6.9.2 in Safari Technology Preview Release 14 (Safari 10.1, WebKit 12603.1.6.0.2) :

In the field provided to add a label (tag), the cursor does not follow the advance, the seizure of the text. We must move with the arrow keys, otherwise you written backwards.

It's okay in Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.11).

 

Capture d’écran 2016-09-28 à 22.29.40.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Version 6.9.3 Not Installing in Firefox 49.0.1

Web Clipper 6.9.3 is NOT INSTALLING in firefox 49.0.1. It is giving the below error

"Firefox has prevented this site from installing an unverified add- on. "

I understand there may be reasons on firefox's side to not allow this updated add-on.
Just tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.

Or please tell me if there is some work-around to install it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi.  How did you manage to get to a screen where you could install Clipper 6.9.3?  The standard Fx extension page offers Clipper 6.2,  and the comments above indicate that Evernote is still working on the Firefox extension...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks for prompt reply Gazumped.

Getting v6.9.3 -> Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

"Released September 23, 2016 3.9 MB Works with Firefox 49.0 and later

Thanks to the new 'Web Extensions' in Firefox we're able to jump from version 6.2 to 6.9.3 and provide you the same feature set we have on other browsers. This new version works in Firefox 49 or later. For older versions, please visit the extensions versions page and download 6.2."

The top-most item is v6.9.3, But it seems it is un-signed and firefox 49.* is not allowing un-signed / un-verified add-ons to be installed.

Please tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.
Or please tell me if there is some work-around to install it.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hmmn.  I played with the security settings on my copy of Firefox 50 beta 3,  but all I get is "the downloaded extension is corrupt and cannot be installed".  It used to be the case that messages like this could be ignored,  and the extension installed anyway,  but it seems either Fx security is now protecting us from ourselves,  or the file is genuinely corrupt and needs to be updated.  If you're able I'd suggest raising this with support,  otherwise it's a question of using Chrome for the extra features,  or waiting until this gets fixed (or Mozilla get around to approval). 

No other workarounds that I'm aware of...

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 10/2/2016 at 2:22 AM, Gks said:

Thanks for prompt reply Gazumped.

Getting v6.9.3 -> Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/evernote-web-clipper/versions/

"Released September 23, 2016 3.9 MB Works with Firefox 49.0 and later

Thanks to the new 'Web Extensions' in Firefox we're able to jump from version 6.2 to 6.9.3 and provide you the same feature set we have on other browsers. This new version works in Firefox 49 or later. For older versions, please visit the extensions versions page and download 6.2."

The top-most item is v6.9.3, But it seems it is un-signed and firefox 49.* is not allowing un-signed / un-verified add-ons to be installed.

Please tell me WHEN can i expect to INSTALL version 6.9.3 in firefox 49.0.1.
Or please tell me if there is some work-around to install it.

We submitted a new Firefox September 23. However, it's waiting for review. Can't give you a date yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks @Gazumped

I had written to evernote support also but yet to get any reply from the support team.

@rubenb

Thanks, Could you please tell a rough idea how much time firefox usually takes to review evernote's add-ons as we are dying to see the same chrome functionalities in firefox web clipper too.

Also as @Gazumped and I have tested the web clipper on Firefox 50 and 51 developer editions - it was not working, i think the team can start looking into it now why it was not working on v50 and 51 so that it can be updated once v50 / 51 are released.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I usually use Internet Explorer and the Webclipper icon doesn't show up. It was there earlier today before an update.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 22/10/2016 at 1:00 AM, PegPowell said:

I usually use Internet Explorer and the Webclipper icon doesn't show up. It was there earlier today before an update.

Hi.  What got updated?  Evernote / IE / Windows?  Have you tried restarting the browser / your system?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Thanks for the reply, I think it was Evernote update. I did a search and found that the tool bar was the issue and it's back now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

After typing a word for the tag, I might have a few options left to choose from and I would use the arrow keys to select it. This functionality is gone.

Started seeing this in Web Clipper for Chrome this week.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, jedipunk said:

After typing a word for the tag, I might have a few options left to choose from and I would use the arrow keys to select it. This functionality is gone.

Started seeing this in Web Clipper for Chrome this week.

Yep, I'm seeing the same BUG.

Looks like I posted my Bug Report in the wrong thread:

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/23/2016 at 9:39 AM, rubenb said:

I’m pleased to announce the release of Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2!

@rubenb,  Any feedback on fixing this issue:

Quote

BUG REPORT:  Arrow Keys Don't Work in Web Clipper 6.9.2 in Chrome 54.0 

Since it started happening after release of 6.9.2, it would seem that a Chrome update broke something.

This is really hurting me, and I think many others.  Any suggested work-arounds?  Is there a specific version of Chrome that we can downgrade to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi,

When can we expect to see version 6.9.2 to be approved by firefox, it is going to be 1.5 month since it was submitted for firefox's review.

Does evernote not make any effort to get it approved by firefox.

Version 6.10 is already released and available for chrome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@JMichaelTX We have released the 6.10 version of the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome this week which should address the issue with navigating the tags list with keyboard arrows. If you haven't yet seen the extension update take effect you can reinstall the latest version of the Web Clipper in Chrome to resolve the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Evernote_Thom said:

We have released the 6.10 version of the Evernote Web Clipper for Chrome this week which should address the issue with navigating the tags list with keyboard arrows.

Many thanks for this.  I can confirm that the arrow keys are working again with the EN Clipper 6.10 (Chrome 54.0.2840.71 (2840.71) on macOS 10.11.4).

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...