Search for multiple Tags in iOS

mk161257

Idea

Hi there, this is Michael from Germany.

I've been using Evernote for a year now, making my notes accessible from my Windows PCs (private & business) as well as my iPhone and iPad. After reviewing a few discussions in this forum, I've decided to convert my structure from Notebooks to Tags. With <300 Notes to date, this still seems doable. I've created a tag structure, all tags nicely prefixed with a special character per "chapter", just as some of you guys have suggested.

Here's my question: I know how to search for  multiple tags (AND-relationship) in Windows - I just hold the CTRL key while selecting the tags from the tag structure. But how do I do it in iOS? Whenever I select a tag on my iPhone, evernote immediately presents the pertaining search results without giving me a chance to select a second tag.

Is that possible at all?

Greetings and thanks in advance for your kind support

Michael

19 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2017-04-24 at 4:17 AM, GLintern said:

I need this function please!!!!

This is how I seach for multiple tagsIMG_1640.thumb.PNG.86128e0dff9a592ba9454262665370a7.PNG

Click on All Notes, or a Specific Notebook

Click on the Tag filter icon
This displays a list of available tags

Click on the tags you want to include in the search

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DealHaggler18 said:

click multiple notebooks

Searches are based upon All Notes, a Stack, or a single notebook.  EN doesn't support selecting multiple notebooks for a search.  If you want that the multiple notebooks need to be in a stack.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, DealHaggler18 said:

@DTLow Mine doesn't pop up the same. Was working with Cal on trying to figure it out on MAC  and it seems its much worse than the windows version. What I really want to be able to do is click multiple options from the left hand popup menu and sort. Ex) click Actions Pending Notebook and control press one or more tags and quickly see results. Its very unintuitive the way they lay it out in IOS for some reason.

On Macs, the only multi-tag method is to use the search box

You can code directly, or use the object picker at the bottom     5949db1e5ae9f_ScreenShot2017-06-20at19_27_24.png.3f3140a0c3530a9fc345f67a5909a7b7.png5949db606c11d_ScreenShot2017-06-20at19_27_45.png.14eda0f268132a3b1bc6184431ea084d.png

Use the saved search and shortcut features after you have the search set up

Okay I figured it out. If you want to search all notes you don't get the drop down from your screenshot, you have to know what you are looking for. If you click an individual notebook, then when you click tag button it gives you all the tags that have been used for notes in that notebook organized alphabetically

Still annoying though that you can't quickly and easily control click multiple notebooks and tags to search but oh well

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, DealHaggler18 said:

Also, this it dumb but how do I paste a screenshot?

Three steps

1. Get a screenshot
    On the Mac, command-shift-4 and drag over the section of the screen
    This creates a file on your desktop

2. Add the file to the post you're composing5949d71f5e90f_ScreenShot2017-06-20at19_16_15.png.80627f7ff99bbc7e4754e6a12cf358a1.png

3. Click on the uploaded file to insert into your post
  • Level 5*
2 minutes ago, DealHaggler18 said:

Mine doesn't pop up the same.

Note: this is an IOS discussion.  If you're seeing something different on your iPad/iPhone , can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing

Also, this it dumb but how do I paste a screenshot? I googled it and tried holding control, windows, shift and 4 key  to get "snippet" type of tool and pasted the snapshot into this window where it shows up when I type, but I can't crop it and when I click "submit reply" it disappears....

@DTLow Mine doesn't pop up the same. Was working with Cal on trying to figure it out on MAC  and it seems its much worse than the windows version. What I really want to be able to do is click multiple options from the left hand popup menu and sort. Ex) click Actions Pending Notebook and control press one or more tags and quickly see results. Its very unintuitive the way they lay it out in IOS for some reason.

I am suggesting that we consolidate this request to get the votes up… I am suggesting mine because it already has a number of votes replies… The post is here, https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/88379-feature-request-improved-tag-functionality-for-ios/

This request keeps popping up but I believe it is getting ignored because it doesn’t get a critical mass of attention at any one moment, I’d like to see if we can get everyone on board to bring this up the list and to Evernote’s attention.

Thank you!

Hey @Eric G,

Brian S. is correct, the Evernote User Forum is the best place for you to discuss features you'd like to see implemented in the application. I've moved this post to the iOS Product Feature forum so y'all can vote on this feature request by clicking the arrows located at the top of the thread, to the left of the thread title.

Feature Search Tags.jpg

I wrote a support ticket requesting this same feature (can't believe it isn't implemented). Received email from Brian S from EN and he said the best way to get my voice heard was to write here and 'vote' for new features.

Here is my vote for this feature. Is there anything else I can do to get this request heard?

If you agree, please bump the message or help me 'vote' at another location (if you are aware of another movement to get this implemented).

I would simply like to select multiple tags to filter messages on my iPad. Currently I can select one (but not more). Or I can set up saved searches on my desktop machine but I want speed and simplicity when trying to quickly find what I need.

Thank you,

Eric G (premium member)

21 hours ago, DTLow said:

I mostly use saved searches, which I probably set up on my Mac

On my iPad, I would use the search box and type tag:X tag:Y tag:Z

Thanks, but using the search box would require remembering all of the tags. So if I read your reply correctly, there's no way in iOS it can be done similarly to Windows, i.e. selecting multiple tags from the tag list.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, mk161257 said:

Here's my question: I know how to search for  multiple tags (AND-relationship) in Windows - I just hold the CTRL key while selecting the tags from the tag structure. But how do I do it in iOS? Whenever I select a tag on my iPhone, evernote immediately presents the pertaining search results without giving me a chance to select a second tag.

I mostly use saved searches, which I probably set up on my Mac

On my iPad, I would use the search box and type tag:X tag:Y tag:Z

Archived