Evernote for Mac v5.7.1 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

The primary goal of version 5.7.1 is to fix a crash when launching the app because of a blank email address in Contacts.  If you worked around this by turning off the link between contacts and Evernote, you should be able to turn it back on after upgrading.

While we were at it, we fixed a few more things.

• Redraw issue in work chat when resizing windows and general chat window improvements.
  • Work chat multiple note sending issues.  
  • Annotation issue because of incompatibility with third party apps.
As usual, let us know if you find any major issues with this release or if the things we think we fixed are still having issues.

You can download v5.7.1 at: http://bit.ly/1zuBomk

22 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Crashing on startup every time.

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'The backslash is a wildcard char, and cannot appear unescaped at the end of a string.'

Can't downgrade and reinstall has no effect. Ridiculous.

Thanks for reporting this. I found the crashes in our logs and reported the issue internally.

Crashing on startup every time.

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'The backslash is a wildcard char, and cannot appear unescaped at the end of a string.'

Can't downgrade and reinstall has no effect. Ridiculous.

• Level 5

When the cursor is in a note title field, and I press control-command-m, it no longer shows the notebook selector. When I choose Move from the Note menu (with cursor in note title field) I *do* get the notebook selector. EN 5.7.1.

Thanks for the report. Noted internally.

When the cursor is in a note title field, and I press control-command-m, it no longer shows the notebook selector. When I choose Move from the Note menu (with cursor in note title field) I *do* get the notebook selector. EN 5.7.1.

• Level 5*

Up until the second-to-last release, it was possible to set the filename property in AppleScript, effectively allowing one to rename note attachments by using a script akin to the following:

set theNotes to selection

repeat with theNote in theNotes

set theTitle to title of theNote

set theAttachments to attachments of theNote

set i to 0

repeat with theAttachment in theAttachments

set i to i + i

if i is greater than 1 then

set theNewFilename to theTitle & " (" & i & ")"

else

set theNewFilename to theTitle

end if

tell script "ScriptLibrary" to set theNewFilename to replaceString(theNewFilename, {"/", ":"}, "-")

set filename of theAttachment to theNewFilename & ".pdf"

end repeat

end repeat

This functionality was removed. Filename is now r/o. Any chance it will reappear?

You might want to ask this in the Evernote for Developers forum, just down the hall:https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/61-evernote-for-developers/

Since the 5.7 update (and this has not changed) with 5.7.1, I have several crashes of Evernote per day (see log below -- just the first part, the whole report seems too long for the forum field).

Thx for fixing this asap, this is more than disturbing in my activity workflow!

REDACTED BY MOD

Is there any chance of fixing the this bug with the menubar icon in an upcoming release.

Evernote seems not to support "dark mode" in the Appearance settings making the Evernote icon look practically invisible if its enabled.

2014-11-06%20at%2009.41.png

This will be fixed when we release our Yosemite redesign.  Stay tuned. 

Don't want to put pressure on you guys but gosh I am waiting for this redesign so much! Evernote feels kind of "heavy" right now in between two Yosemite ready apps.

Is there any chance of fixing the this bug with the menubar icon in an upcoming release.

Evernote seems not to support "dark mode" in the Appearance settings making the Evernote icon look practically invisible if its enabled.

This will be fixed when we release our Yosemite redesign.  Stay tuned. 

Up until the second-to-last release, it was possible to set the filename property in AppleScript, effectively allowing one to rename note attachments by using a script akin to the following:

This functionality was removed. Filename is now r/o. Any chance it will reappear?

Starting with 5.6.1, there has been severe regression in the Applescript functionality. Is it recognized in the Evernote development group?   Is Applescript testing a core part of the QA testing?

Examples of problems:

- the one above

- my simple search and move Applescript now takes orders of magnitude longer. Always pushes EN to show spinning beachball, causes cpu to go 100% for a while, and then moves the notes.

- simple export Applescript chooses to export everything.

set theNotes to selection

repeat with theNote in theNotes

set theTitle to title of theNote

set theAttachments to attachments of theNote

set i to 0

repeat with theAttachment in theAttachments

set i to i + i

if i is greater than 1 then

set theNewFilename to theTitle & " (" & i & ")"

else

set theNewFilename to theTitle

end if

tell script "ScriptLibrary" to set theNewFilename to replaceString(theNewFilename, {"/", ":"}, "-")

set filename of theAttachment to theNewFilename & ".pdf"

end repeat

end repeat

There seems to be no way at all to create a note without the whole Evernote screen opening up.

Saving a note using QuickNote from the task bar is now doing it too.

Opening a new note window using keystrokes has been doing it for quite a while now. 

I am still having problems with Spotlight search from outside of Evernote. It seems that from version 5.6 I lost the ability to find notes with Spotlight unless the keyword is in the title of the note. The only way to be sure to find notes is to use the search feature inside Evernote.

Can you please confirm if it is supposed to be like this.

Archived