(Archived) I have to log into Evernote every time I open it on iOS7

Joerg

Since updating to iOS7 and the new Evernote app, the app seems to forget my username/password after a certain amount of time and I have to log in when I open the app again. This is getting very annying since I'm also using two-way authentification as well and I not only have to enter my password but also generate a new code almost every time I use the app ...

Joerg

Happens for me too. On my iPhone, since updating (evernote and ios), I have to sign in every time I open Evernote.If I do not have internet access, i cannot log in. On my ipad (also on ios 7, and latest version of Evernote), everything works as it should.

I am having the exact same problem (iphone 4s running ios7, Premium user), and it is a TOTAL nightmare - it completely removes my ability to make notes on the fly, or quickly call up my stored information. I have searched the entire app and iphone settings, but don't see any place where I can check "remember me."

Does staff monitor this forum where they can tell us how to fix this quickly? Obviously this is affecting a handful of people who have posted here, so probably more out there as well. I'm sure it would be easier for EN to answer here all at one time rather than process a bunch of support cases (next week, after more days of suffering for us) for the same thing.

I am experiencing the exact same thing on my iPad 2, but not my iPhone 5S. Both are running iOS 7. I have also submitted a support case, but this has rendered Evernote all but useless on my iPad as it is not a cellular model, and when I am out of my house it normally doesn't have internet.

+1

It happens all the time on my iPhone 4, but only if Evernote starts new, e.g. if I kill the app in the task manager and then start the app freshly from the homescreen.

I also use the current version of Evernote on a iPad 2, no issues here!

I tried to disable and enable again the PIN-Code-lockup. I tried to completely delete Evernote on the iPhone and on my Mac in iTunes, but it didn't resolve the problem.

A support staff member opended a ticked for it, I chatted with her today (her name is Jennifer :) 

I'll post here when I get a replay.

I got a response yesterday, and didn't think to post it here:

Thank you for contacting Evernote support.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble staying logged in with the recent release of Evernote.

We are currently aware of this bug and the development team is diligently working towards a resolution.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interim.

I imagine it will be released as an update as soon as they can figure it out and get it approved through Apple.

Here's the answer I got the other day. No luck so far :(

------------------------------------

Thanks for the follow up.

I apologize that you continue to have this problem. Our team is working hard to resolve it, so please keep your eyes peeled for a future update that may resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Evan A
Evernote

Since updating to iOS7 and the new Evernote app, the app seems to forget my username/password after a certain amount of time and I have to log in when I open the app again. This is getting very annying since I'm also using two-way authentification as well and I not only have to enter my password but also generate a new code almost every time I use the app ...

Joerg

I am having the same probelm. Any solution?

Below is the response I received.  I tried the fix, but no luck:

We are sorry that you are experiencing problems. We would be happy to assist you in getting your Evernote running properly as quickly as possible. Please, perform the following steps:

If you have any unsynced notes (notes with a blue arrow on the top right corner), copy the content of each note to your iOS Mail program and email them to your Evernoteemail address (do NOT attempt to email via Evernote). Check your Camera Roll to ensure that any pending Image Notes have been auto-saved. If not, use the built in iOS "Screenshot" function to preserve Image Notes to your Camera Roll.

Uninstall Evernote from your device.
Reboot your device.
On a desktop PC/Mac, download the latest version of Evernote via iTunes.
Connect your device to your PC/Mac and sync, installing Evernote via iTunes.
Do not restore from a backup as this may simply restore the initial problem to your device, and do not install Over-the-Air from the Appstore, as this will leave behind cache files we are attempting to remove.

Let us know if you still experience any further issue.

I saw that Evernote released update 7.0.1 and was sure this would be fixed, but I updated and sadly it is not. This completely defeats the purpose of using Evernote - making and viewing notes on the fly is no longer possible. Please fix!

I saw that Evernote released update 7.0.1 and was sure this would be fixed, but I updated and sadly it is not. This completely defeats the purpose of using Evernote - making and viewing notes on the fly is no longer possible. Please fix!

can confirm this for 7.0.1 :-(

I opened a new ticket for this.

How can they even release this ****?

Hi folks -- My apologies for the the problems this is causing some of you. We are investigating and will have a fix out as soon as possible. Please do get in touch with support if you haven't done so; at a minimum, they'll be able to keep you updated as we discover additional information or workarounds. 

I too have done everything mentioned in this thread and am still having the same problem. I've submitted a trouble ticket. I reccomend everyone else submit a ticket too. The more tickets for this one problem the higher it will get pushed up the food chain.

Unfortunately, this is becoming tiresome. I am traveling in different countries, which means I cannot roam and EN requires that I log in online, and there is either no network or that requires troublesome and expensive maneuvers. None of the updates improved anything, there was just a change in the login screen. I am a premium customer, when can I access my essential data I trusted EN with? Please hurry.

I know this doesn't help anyone who is "offline" but I am temporarily using the the mobile site, evernote.com/mobile to access all my data. I've got set to autofill / login in the password manager on my iPhone. It's pretty vanella but works in a jam.

I just completely reset my iPad and set it up as a new iPad, then installed Evernote. I have been now able to completely close the application (from the switcher), and launch it again without being prompted to log in. For good measure I even turned the iPad off and back on after this whole process, and Evernote still launched without requiring a login. Glad I have Evernote back – but wow, I had to reset all my applications and data to achieve success.

• Level 5*

I know this doesn't help anyone who is "offline" but I am temporarily using the the mobile site, evernote.com/mobile to access all my data. I've got set to autofill / login in the password manager on my iPhone. It's pretty vanella but works in a jam.

Hi. Could you explain how you use it? As far as I know, the Evernote mobile site has been inaccessible on mobile devices for quite some time now (it is still accessible on desktops, though I don't know to what end). This is something I have mentioned in the past.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

If something has changed, let me know? Neither evernote/mobile nor evernote/m work for me on the iPad. evernote/m simply directs me to download the app from the appstore.

+1

Response from Evernote:

Hello logicelf,

Thanks for contacting Evernote support.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however it appears there is currently a bug causing this.

We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for making Evernote a better product,

Evan A
Evernote

I have been a premium user since August 2010.  The fact that I have to log in each time on my iPad -- and reset my entire iPad to fix it -- is making me regret this...rather than trying to sell me special post it notes, EN needs to invest in QA testing.  When will this bug be fixed?

I also would like to add my vote to move this up in the priority level. It seems that the priority would be making their products more stable, rather than rolling out new products. I am a long time premium user and this "bug" is really unfortunate. Hard to recommend Evernote to my friends these days. 

First time posting. 

I am an Evernote Power User iOS 7, iphone 5, MacBook Pro - Premium and Business. 

The new Evernote opened on my Iphone 5 the first few days of the new release (both iOS and Evernote update)  but indicated it was not syncing. Uinstalling Evernote, Rebooting Iphone did not work. 

Now, Evernote will not even open on my iphone. 

Over the last 10 days it's changed my behavior and I'm forced to use (god forbid) a notebook and pencil to keep track of my life. 

In any case, Steve Jobs would NEVER let this iOS 7 release out - and he would never put Evernote or any other app in such a rush to output their software that it screws everybody up. 

Very concerned here...and not just about Evernote but Apple. 

Sorry, CEO, but I think this is the wrong thread for your problem. Maybe you should start a separate thread. Here we want to make sure that the good geople of Evernote see THAT WE STILL SUFFER FORM THE PROBLEM THAT EVERNOTE STARTS WITH THE LOGIN SCREEN EVERY TIME which renders the program pretty unusable.

+1

Works:

iOS 7.0.2, Evernote 7.0.2, iPad Mini

Doesn't work: (must login again every few hours)

iOS 7.0.2, Evernote 7.0.2, iPhone 4

Things I've tried:

- Remove Evernote, restart iPhone, re-install Evernote. Wait for all notes to sync. No change in behavior.

- Update from iOS 7.0 to 7.0.2. No change in behavior.

- Filed a support ticket from the iPhone. No response from Evernote support team. :-(

• Level 5*

In any case, Steve Jobs would NEVER let this iOS 7 release out - 

Best post for a long time - congrats!

Magnus, did you receive a ticket number? If not, your request hasn't gone through for some reason. If you did, if you stick it in here one of us will try and get it followed up on for you.

Magnus, did you receive a ticket number? If not, your request hasn't gone through for some reason. If you did, if you stick it in here one of us will try and get it followed up on for you.

The ticket / request id is  #164003. I now, after 8 days recieved a response "We want to let you know that we are looking into this issue, we will contact you back as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding." 

As I wrote in my second ticket (#187324) asking why I did not recieve a response: 

I understand that there will be bugs and problemes with software. But I became a premium user of Evernote to ensure that I get information and followup when there are issues. I have been very satisfied with your service in the past.

I understand that if many users are affected, it is difficult to give individual status updates. But then I would appreciate if you could give updates in other channels.

If this will be solved by iOS 7.0.3 I will be thrilled and very happy again. 

Best regards,
Magnus

Hi folks-

As a few users have reported, we believe this issue to be resolved in 7.0.3. If anyone continues to have problems after upgrading, please do get in touch with our support team.

-jamie

Archived