How to add note to Evernote quickly without opening EN

Instead of creating a new note in Evernote just type anywhere in the current window even in the chrome address bar (keyboard shortcut) >> CTRL + A to select all text >> right click and share selection to evernote.. This will eliminate need to open Evernote app, create new note, multiple steps etc. 

• Level 5*

In Windows, Ctrl+Alt+N anywhere opens up a new Evernote note, type, type, type, you're done. Easy, and not any harder than what you suggested, plus it makes it easier to assign a notebook and tags right then, rather than having to figure it out later.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

For the Mac there is EN Helper. It installs itself in the menu bar, and can be reached at any time, with or without having EN open. It can be used to quickly grab an idea by typing into a little window. Very useful is the build in screen grabber with a crosshairs selection tool. There is an audio option as well.

The helper is activated in the EN clients settings.

If it comes to creating a new note the windows shortcut CTRL+ALT+N creates a new note window.

CTRL+ALT+V will paste whatever is copied on your clipboard into evernote. I find it really really useful for images and screenshots - I just take a screenshot in windows using WIN+SHIFT+S to get the snipper then as soon as I've snipped what I want I paste to Evernote with CTRL+ALT+V.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, jianfa.tsai said:

Instead of creating a new note in Evernote just type anywhere in the current window even in the chrome address bar (keyboard shortcut) >> CTRL + A to select all text >> right click and share selection to evernote.. This will eliminate need to open Evernote app, create new note, multiple steps etc. 

Screenshot is from my Mac

55825760_ScreenShot2020-04-10at11_05_05AM.png.93b5602709b51b075a65ae30efd0e534.png

1 hour ago, NewHero said:

If it comes to creating a new note the windows shortcut CTRL+ALT+N creates a new note window.

CTRL+ALT+V will paste whatever is copied on your clipboard into evernote. I find it really really useful for images and screenshots - I just take a screenshot in windows using WIN+SHIFT+S to get the snipper then as soon as I've snipped what I want I paste to Evernote with CTRL+ALT+V.

helpful - thank you :)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, NewHero said:

I just take a screenshot in windows using WIN+SHIFT+S to get the snipper then as soon as I've snipped what I want I paste to Evernote with CTRL+ALT+V.

Nice tip on the Windows Snipper, thanks.  Equivalent using EN tools is the Capture Screen hot key found at Tools - Options - Shortcut keys.  Holding down control while making the screen capture will place the clip on the keyboard.  Otherwise the clip is added to a new note.