Is Google trying to soften up Evernote for acquisition?

IncrediMetaBeta

Is anyone able to use the web clipper at all?!  In any browser? Is there some Secret War going on by Google against Evernote?  I pose this question with utmost seriousness, because Web Clipper's failure seems to be a longstanding problem that could have been fixed by now.

Web Clipper not working in Chrome has been going on, to my knowledge, for at least 6 months.  If the original problem with web clipper were some change in Chrome last Fall, why has the Evernote development team not fixed the problem by now? The fact that they have not suggests to me, tell me if this is incorrect, that changes in Chrome keep happening.

I can no longer able to clip in Chrome or Opera. When this started last Fall with Chrome, Clipper would at first no longer clip Google results.  After a while, it would not clip any page.  Has it been due to a Chrome Update?

At Gazumped's suggestion, I tried to shift to Vivaldi, but had difficulty installing it.  So, I began using Opera, which at first worked like a charm.  Then, suddenly, Clipper would no longer clip Google results pages.  After a few weeks of this, then Web Clipper would not clip anything in Opera.

Is anyone able to use the web clipper at all?!  In any browser?  Is it possible to revert to an earlier version of Chrome?

Also, how can I determine whether this is a "known issue" to Support?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Is anyone able to use the web clipper at all?!  In any browser?

Yes, generally working fine for me, with the very occasional hiccup. Windows 10, Chrome, ...

1 minute ago, jefito said:

Yes, generally working fine for me, with the very occasional hiccup. Windows 10, Chrome, ...

Same here.  No issues.  Maybe disable the extension in Chrome and make sure you're using the latest version.  Apologies, if you've already tried that.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Is there some Secret War going on by Google against Evernote?  I pose this question with utmost seriousness, because Web Clipper's failure seems to be a longstanding problem that could have been fixed by now.

BTW, since Evernote is a customer of Google's (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/226885427-Google-Cloud-Platform-FAQ.,) I'd say that this is pretty unlikely.

Beyond that, I can't comment. LVL 5 Deep State stuff, you know...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For some months now the Clip option on the Evernote drop-down menu (Firefox browser) has been greyed out and is unresponsive. I used to be able to clip and send to my Evernote app on computer successfully and it was very useful to me. Now it is unavailable and I'm very annoyed about it. Does anybody know what's going on, or how I can get around this problem. My current work-around is to use the Windows 10 Snipping Tool, then copying and pasting to Evernote.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:24 PM, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Is anyone able to use the web clipper at all?!  In any browser

Mine work well in chrome and safari 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:24 PM, IncrediMetaBeta said:

Is it possible to revert to an earlier version of Chrome?

I don't think so

Archived