Why are bullet points / numbered lists suddenly completely broken?

On 7/30/2019 at 9:45 AM, jjjchens235 said:

I'm also having this issue. Created a numbered list on my windows pc.

Open in web via chrome and everything is flattened. Makes web un-usable which is a shame.

I no longer have this issue! Hope its working for everyone else as well!

On 9/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, jjjchens235 said:

I no longer have this issue! Hope its working for everyone else as well!

Just kidding. The issue is still there, it just manifests at a later stage.

Previously, if I created a numbered list in Windows App, then went on Evernote Web, the list would be flattened in the Web client.

Now, if I create the numbered list in Windows, it looks fine in Evernote Web, but when I go back to the Windows client,  the list is flattened.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 12/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, tomzorz88 said:

Having the same issue, and annoys the F* out of me.

Can someone from the support team at least indicate whether this bug is on their priority list?

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum and the Support team don't normally respond to individual enquiries anyway.  Best you'll get is "we're aware of the issues but don't have a timescale for any fixes".

Having said which - check out the blog and the recent video series:  things are happening behind the scenes...

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same issue.

Primarily occurs in the app on my iPad or Android device.

For me it is not a Chrome issue!  It is directly related to the Evernote App on those two devices.

I have not issues with the app on my desktop, but when I try to edit a list in the app on my iPad or Android the numbers is totally screwed up.  Requires me to just type the text in, then go back to my desktop and reformat all the numbering.  

Is totally a pain, and believe it is fair to expect a note taking application to do better then this.

I have been patient for a while, hoping it will be resolved in an update.  Evernote seems to have a lot of updates, but no improvement in this area yet.

• Level 5
On 1/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, robertblaes said:

I am having this same issue.

Primarily occurs in the app on my iPad or Android device.

For me it is not a Chrome issue!  It is directly related to the Evernote App on those two devices.

I have not issues with the app on my desktop, but when I try to edit a list in the app on my iPad or Android the numbers is totally screwed up.  Requires me to just type the text in, then go back to my desktop and reformat all the numbering.  

Is totally a pain, and believe it is fair to expect a note taking application to do better then this.

I have been patient for a while, hoping it will be resolved in an update.  Evernote seems to have a lot of updates, but no improvement in this area yet.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This one is concerned with the Web browser interface to Evernote. There are separate forums to report issues in iOS and Android. Please report what you are experiencing there, and you may get some good responses.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum and the Support team don't normally respond to individual enquiries anyway.  Best you'll get is "we're aware of the issues but don't have a timescale for any fixes".

Having said which - check out the blog and the recent video series:  things are happening behind the scenes...

Could this be relevant / hopeful in this context?

• Like 1

I actually now use the Evernote App on Windows and Android and on Linux I just set up a launcher to go to the beta version in Chrome in full screen to be like an 'Evernote App' (I prefer this to Nixnote2) as my usual browser is Firefox which I think still does not have the Beta version

Plus, for important work stuff I use Word documents in Evernotes.

It works for me, but is a bit of a palaver ...

• 4 weeks later...

Further, as an alternative to Firefox, try Brave browser which is Chrome based so the beta version works on it, but not Google.

This thread is coming up to its 2nd birthday.

• 1 month later...

This has happened to me no matter the browser or device over the last few years. Ipad, Iphone, an android phone, pc, mac, doesn't matter. I've used chrome, firefox, edge, safari, doesn't matter. Now the numbered lists change to bullet format and they don't change back. I think this may be it for evernote for me. The entire point of this software is to keep notes organized, and it can't even do that right. And like other posters have said this has been several years.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I have to say it's kind of surprising to hear that this same thing (numbered lists change by themselves into bulleted lists) happening across all the platforms. Is it always happening in the Web client of Evernote? Because you can't use that on an Android phone; you have to use the Android app. Can you give any more specifics?

• 1 month later...

It's not just the Web app where this problem occurs. I use the native Mac app, and it's a consistent and persistent issue.

The problem seems to be that Evernote doesn't know how to count.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Andrei Romaniuk said:

is there any official feedback when this can be fixed?

Not about this specific issue. Evernote are working on an 'improved' version of the app for all operating systems and clients.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, Andrei Romaniuk said:

Thank you, are there any indicative dates of the release?

Meant to be this year,  but there have been a few distraction recently - as you may have noticed...

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Sailesh said:

Today I faced the same issue. Surprised that people are facing this for 2 years now but the issue still exists

Hi.  Tried the new v10 yet?  It launched this week.  Warning: sync and backup your existing installation because it will be deleted by the new install.

• Level 5
On 10/11/2020 at 8:26 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Tried the new v10 yet?  It launched this week.  Warning: sync and backup your existing installation because it will be deleted by the new install.

@gazumped, that would be true for the Windows desktop program, but we're in the Web client forum here. They do kind of run together now, don't they?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi all, just discovered my lists flattening and was quite devastated. Came on here to read this, and my problem appears to be the opposite of yall - if I open my note in Chrome, the formatting is intact. But when I view it on my Mac app (updated), the bullet points are flattened. 

Any idea as to what I can do? I'd hate to migrate from Evernote, but this would really push me over the edge because I rely very heavily on bullet points.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

Nothing is broken, not in the installed desktop client (at least on the Mac, 10.34), nor in the web client.

It is even better than it used to be, because there is the handler in front of a bulleted / Checklisted / numbered. It is marked by 4 dotes that appear in front of the row when you hover the mouse over it. You can move a line (or if below it is a nested substructure) the whole block to another place in the list - the numbering will automatically adapt.

If using a mouse to indent further, the cursor can be anywhere in that line. Press tab to indent a level more, shift-tab to reduce the indent.

If you still mean something would be broken, explain yourself better, or contact support.

On 4/13/2022 at 1:10 AM, Sebastian Messmer said:

This is either still broken, or broken again. Whenever I try to increase nesting level of a bullet point, it instead enters a tab at the front of the line. Quite disheartened to see that this issue didn't get a fix in so many years.

I dont know, I fully migrated to Joplin ages ago. Must stop the Evernote forum notifications.