Reverting to Earlier Version of Evernote

The reduction in the line length (due to the new table functionality) in v6.6.4 has a substantial detrimental impact on my workflow, since I now would need to scroll vertically more frequently.

Consequently, I would like to revert to (i.e., re-install) an earlier version of Evernote.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Consequently, I would like to revert to (i.e., re-install) an earlier version of Evernote.

Can this be done, and if so, how?

The first requirement is to obtain the software.  
The post below is an example of the release notes for each version.  It provides a link to download the application

Next, I recommend completely deleteing Evernote (app, data, ...) from your device before installing the app.  Your data will be downloaded from the servers
Warning: this download does not include Local Notebooks or unsync’d notes

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, ln899 said:

Also, if one uninstalls Evernote completely, how do you preserve local notebooks??

To preserve local notebooks, my solution would be export/import; a separate export for each notebook.

Anyone using Local Notebooks should have a backup plan in place.  This data is not backed up by Evernote.

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, DTLow said:

To preserve local notebooks, my solution would be export/import; a separate export for each notebook

Or just backup the .exb file.  It will contain everything including local notebooks.  The installation will create a new .exb file then just replace this with the backup copy.

1 hour ago, ln899 said:

Also, if one uninstalls Evernote completely, how do you preserve local notebooks??

When you uninstall, the exb file is not deleted. And, no, you cannot install the old version other the new one. MSI doesn't work that way. (And we won't allow that to happen)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dconnet said:

When you uninstall, the exb file is not deleted

I've wondered about that but never tested it.  I just rename the .exb with -backup and let the installation create the new file and then copy over.

Archived