Jump to content


Level 5
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by luckman212

  1. Doing some troubleshooting and housekeeping today and found these 2 folders in my ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/<account-id> folder :

    • external-edits
    • purgatory

    I also found a second "external-edits" folder in ~/Documents/.evernote/

    They are both filled with hundreds of folders/files, most with old modification dates.

    Can these be deleted? (while EN is not running of course)


  2. On 9/12/2018 at 11:10 PM, nicolml said:

    Can you try revoking access to all the devices you have signed into Evernote, and then see if the issue persists. You can revoke access in your account settings. 

    Will I lose anything if I do that? Just want to make sure

  3. Here's an almost-2-year-old bug. It's a cosmetic one, but hoping since EN seems to be trying to fix bugs these days, maybe it can be surfaced and closed. This has existed since at least ver 6.9 and is still there in 7.5 beta 2.

    BUG: If the keyboard shortcuts are disabled (I don't want them) then the Clipper window shows up with the text "Press (null)(null) anytime to show this window":


    Links to two old related posts:




  4. Performance is bad. I have 9,160 notes on a 16GB core i7 mac with an SSD. Just doing a simple search gives me a beachball for about 3-4 seconds, and then a weird subset of results is shown in the note list. I have to wait an additional 3 seconds for the window to refresh again with the "real" results. I have gotten used to this but it is such a time sink. It's faster sometimes to open a browser and search google than to search my local database, which is really sad.

  5. Is it "normal" that when moving notes to a shared notebook, the original (non-shared) note gets deleted (moved to Trash)? This is what I am seeing. EN 7.5 beta 2 on Mac.  If that's the expected behavior, a little note in the popup saying "the original will be moved to the trash" would be helpful to make it clear what is happening. I thought this was a bug when it first happened- and I was going to file a bug for it, but it seems this may be the actual intended behavior?


  6. Really frustrating bug:

    When viewing a note on iOS (EN 8.15.1) if you click somewhere and try to edit, it always scrolls you all the way to the bottom of the note and puts the cursor there. It's really difficult to position the cursor anywhere else in the note if you are trying to edit something in the middle.

    I've found on long notes or notes with tables, it's basically impossible to edit so I end up just stuffing text at the end and having to go to the desktop app later to clean it up. This used to work much better, please fix!


    • Like 4
    • Sad 2

  7. 6 hours ago, nicolml said:

    Hey there, 

    Thanks for reporting this. I also reproduced it in our internal build and filed a ticket with our developers. 

    Great, with the bug fixing sprint that's going on, I hope it somehow gets fixed before 7.3 goes final!

  8. I upgraded 2 machines to this Beta today. So far no major issues, but one bug that has been lingering since 7.x or maybe even earlier, is that EN always slightly downsizes its Window size every time the main window is closed and then re-opened from the Dock.

    I have 2 screens, positioned one on top of the other (vertical orientation)

    |           |
    |     2     |

    |           |
    |     1     |

    I always keep EN on monitor #2, stretched to fill the screen.

    When the window is closed and then re-opened, the height shrinks by about 40 pixels leaving a blank space at the bottom of the screen. It's annoying as I always want the window to fill the screen. It's like EN is mis-calculating my resolution or leaving space for a dock (which doesn't exist) or something. By the way, this also happens if I position the EN window on monitor#1 and close / reopen it.  Same 40 pixels are shaved off.

    Can this be fixed?

  9. I am just speechless at this point. People must be running for the exits at Evernote HQ. The "QA" (hah) team simply throws stuff over a wall at us (paying users) and is never heard from again. Bug reports are farting into the wind, peeing into the ocean, whatever. Years of issues left unresolved. Each "release" brings no useful features, just more bugs, toolbars moving around, features silently changed or removed. The core features of the app (note taking + sync) are BROKEN for months with no acknowledgement or announcement of when fixes are coming. I have zero confidence that the outsourced dev team has a clue how to manage this spaghetti code base that's been dropped on them.

    I am done. Life must go on and I simply can't waste any more time debugging this program. It's sad. EN was once a shining example of form & function, but it's been neglected and allowed to slowly deteriorate for years. Goodbye Evernote.


    • Like 2

  10. 20 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

    A new bug was filed for the Code Block issue - as for your first question - it's called a vacation 

    Here's another bug to add to the code block list. I come across this one a lot.  Some text in the block gets mysteriously turned into a blue URL link:


    I don't want this, so I select it and choose ⌘⇧K (Remove link) — here's what happens, the font becomes Arial.


  • Create New...