Difference between Scannable and taking picture in Evernote

apeisach

I cannot see the difference between using the Scannable App to import documents into Evernote versus simply creating a note in Evernote, taking a picture, and importing it into directly into the program.  Can you please explain the advantages of using the Scannable App?

thank you

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, apeisach said:

I cannot see the difference between using the Scannable App to import documents into Evernote versus simply creating a note in Evernote, taking a picture, and importing it into directly into the program.  Can you please explain the advantages of using the Scannable App?

I use the Scannable App because I like my attachment to be in pdf format
The app also has an automatic document feature of locking into the document, detecting edges and cropping - its doing more than just taking a picture

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I use the Scannable App because I like my attachment to be in pdf format
The app also has an automatic document feature of locking into the document, detecting edges and cropping - its doing more than just taking a picture

I prefer Scannable for those reasons plus it loads faster.

Scannable won't save the image to the Photo Library as well, which Evernote does. To me that is normally an advantage as I won't have to clean up my Photo Library from various kind of images already stored in Evernote.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, RMK said:

Scannable won't save the image to the Photo Library as well, which Evernote does. To me that is normally an advantage as I won't have to clean up my Photo Library from various kind of images already stored in Evernote.

Actually you can suppress the Photo Library copy wth an option in Evernote Settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, Liza Luna-Chan said:

Question. I can't see the content of my picture.  Is there a way to convert it to scanned document?  I don't have the original document any more. 

Which environment?
I'd suggest you check the master version on the web platform (www.evernote.com)

Archived