Regarding Scannable and Android

PeeJayTee

Idea

Since we released Scannable in January, we’ve received lots of questions about a potential Android version. Although we don’t usually comment on our product roadmaps, I wanted to share our thinking here.

We’re thrilled with the early positive response that Scannable has received and we are eager to bring it to more people. We’re still in the early phases of the product - each version involves rapid experimentation and significant code changes as we learn. There's a lot about Scannable that we love, but there's also a lot that we want to change to see if we can make the experience better. This process is one that is most efficiently done on one platform, so that's where we'll be for the time being.

So for now, the short answer to “When will Scannable come to Android?” is still “We don’t know yet.” We’ll update the community as soon as we know more.

Thanks for your continued support!

P.J. from the Scannable Team

19 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 06/05/2015 at 10:34 PM, PeeJayTee said:

There's a lot about Scannable that we love, but there's also a lot that we want to change to see if we can make the experience better. This process is one that is most efficiently done on one platform, so that's where we'll be for the time being.

It's not an "Apple love fest" - the Mac mob are just as fed up with Evernote pandering to us Android users with the Google integration (amongst other things).  @PeeJayTee is right - it makes a lot more sense to get the model perfect on one platform then port it to another,  rather than try to manage development on two (or more) completely separate OS's.  They already gave the full app the same document recognition software anyway - what extra features are you particularly keen to get?

On 19/05/2015 at 3:34 AM, dguillaume said:

I am really disapointed by this news, Andriod has a larger user base than iOS and many more people more likely to particiaparte in beta tests use Android than iOS, love Evenote but really hate your preferance fopr everything Apple

You hit it nail on the head here.  I really like Evernote but the Apple "love fest" has to stop.  I use android and chromebooks.   You would think with the sheer market share of Android products they would develop that first.

Even I'd love Scannable app to be on android, just using the camera from the app really works fine. I think the only difference is when you use scannable with the scanner and scanning multiple pages. if just regular scanning with a page or two, maybe receipts, business cards, the app should be sufficient. 

I love using Scannable on iOS, but I'd love to see it on Android as well. I find myself preferring Android over iOS these days, but missing an app like Scannable really is a shame. I hope Evernote team will consider bringing the app Android as well.

Is it still a waiting game since May 2015, with no update on the Android version of Scannable as we enter September 2015? That's a great shame, as the Android community far outstrips the iOS user platform.

Perhaps I should look elsewhere for a Scannable substitute? What do you suggest to 'fill the gap' in the meantime?

• Level 5*

CamScanner and Scanbot are perfectly acceptable options,  and if the iOS guys have to bear the pain of sorting the bugs out of Scannable so we 'Droids can get a better product,  I say we let 'em.  They probably deserve it - the iOS guys say exactly the same about preferences and Android as we say about them!

I am really disapointed by this news, Andriod has a larger user base than iOS and many more people more likely to particiaparte in beta tests use Android than iOS, love Evenote but really hate your preferance fopr everything Apple

• Level 5*

I may have cribbed about this a couple of times - good humoredly,  honest - in passing,  but I guessed something like this would be the case.  Thanks for the groundbreaking update!   :)  

Archived