Justin Street

Hello!

We've just posted a new Beta.

Improvements in this release include:

• Fixed various bugs causing sync failures
  • Fixed various bugs causing the client to become unresponsive
  • Fixed bug regarding password protected PDFs
  • Misc bug fixes
Please try it out and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

You can opt into beta's by going to Tools >> Options and checking [ ] Update to pre-release version when available

You can also download directly here: http://cdn1.evernote...5.4.1.4027.exe

Hi Justin -- the latest version is 5.4.1, not 5.5.1 as in this topic's title. :) Did someone whoopsie the beta version number??

Please excuse the discrepancy. This is indeed our latest beta and the version #s will be in sync for the next release. 

• Level 5*

I just downloaded the beta as usual and started the update - saw a brief flash of "Evernote cleanup" or some such,  presumably removing the previous version.. and then nothing happened.  I seem not to have either old Evernote or new Evernote installed.  Now downloading the file again...

• Level 5*

Shortcut toolbar is still not working for me. It gives me the two filters that look for notes with no tags - in "Evernote" and All Notes. None of the others work, although they work correctly in the side panel. Even the shortcuts that are supposed to take me to different notebooks don't work.

• Level 5*

1. shortcut bar that works fine in left panel not working right in top bar. See this note for detailed description. I have an open ticket #590810 too.

There seems to have been some changes in the "annotate" programing:

1. The "Save" and "Discard" buttons in the upper right are gone. Please bring those back. Hitting the X automatically saves it - this is contra to how most windows apps works, which is to ask if you want to save. Moving them to the file menu is not intuitive.

The save operation is roughly a bazillion times faster than it used to be. Fantastic improvement!

• Level 5*

Will the messed up tab order when creating a new note in Evernote ever be fixed? This seems like such a simple thing to get the tab key to function like it does in every other Windows app out there - in a logical order. Additionally, even when the cursor finally does make it to the note body, the keyboard ceases to work until you click the note with your mouse, essentially telling Evernote "Why yes. Yes, I do want to add some text to the body of the note where the cursor is blinking."

See more details at this thread.

Also, while the speed of saving annotated images has greatly improved, the speed of saving edited documents has not. Have a 1.5MB CSV file that I get daily in Evernote (via an email forward rule) and I make one series of edits and save it back to EN. It takes minutes for the hard drive to stop spinning and for Evernote to not say "Not Responding" in the title. At least 3-4 minutes.

• Level 5*

Will the messed up tab order when creating a new note in Evernote ever be fixed? This seems like such a simple thing to get the tab key to function like it does in every other Windows app out there - in a logical order. Additionally, even when the cursor finally does make it to the note body, the keyboard ceases to work until you click the note with your mouse, essentially telling Evernote "Why yes. Yes, I do want to add some text to the body of the note where the cursor is blinking."

I agree completely.  The TAB order also needs to be fixed in the EN Mac client.

• Level 5*

Is there no way to resize the stamps? They are ginormous. I can only figure out how to move and change the direction of the arrows. I cannot resize them, and putting them as annotiation in pics from my Evernote Moleskine notebook is useless.

hi, good morning , after this update, evernote hang up all the time , and suddenly has started to re-imported all my import folders!
How can I retrieve the previous version?

• Level 5*

5.4.1.3874 Beta 2 drag & drop the tags and notebooks for edit the structure is impossible both in left panel and in the dedicated view

I see both tag and notebook drag/drop (to create subtags and stacks, respectively) working fine in the 5.4.1.4027 beta, which is this topic of this thread. Please see if this works for you in the newer beta; if it doesn't then you will probably need to be more specific as to what you're doing that's not working as expected.

Just installed 5.4.1.4027

When I select a new notebook for the first time (after syncing) I get a pop-up...

2014-07-01_12h22_39.png

When I "Request Editing Rights" ...

2014-07-01_12h34_48.png

This only seems to happen the first time I click on a Notebook. BTW, Editing is unaffected.

When I select a new notebook for the first time (after syncing) I get a pop-up...

2014-07-01_12h22_39.png

This popup is a new feature - you'll only see it once per readonly notebook. (or if you click the lock icon)

When I "Request Editing Rights" ...

2014-07-01_12h34_48.png

This only seems to happen the first time I click on a Notebook. BTW, Editing is unaffected.

The not-sent issue is something we're sporadically seeing internally too. We haven't nailed this down yet. (There is a valid case of this appearing if you've made too many requests - but that's not the issue here)

2014-07-01_12h22_39.png

This popup is a new feature - you'll only see it once per readonly notebook. (or if you click the lock icon)

BUT... This is NOT a readonly notebook — or maybe I don't understand what you mean by "readonly". This is a synced notebook. I can add/delete/edit content without restriction.

This popup appears on ALL my notebooks... but only the first time I select the notebook. It is a one time phenomena. The popup does not recur when I reselect that same notebook ever again.

Archived