evernote calender?

I was wondering if there is a calender available with this app. i use evernote for my appliance work keeping customer info. which this app works great. but then i would like a calender function to enter the info. of said customer to see when i can schedule them (time and date)

I hope i explained this right?.

thanks in advance

Jason

I think the best option at the moment is to use the calendar service you like best, and in the comments or URL field for any given haven't, copy and paste the note link (not the shared link, the NOTE link) into that field, you can click on the event, click on the Evernote:/// link and it will take you straight to that client's note.

I was wondering if there is a calender available with this app. i use evernote for my appliance work keeping customer info. which this app works great. but then i would like a calender function to enter the info. of said customer to see when i can schedule them (time and date)

I hope i explained this right?.

thanks in advance

Jason

Another board member has written an app called TuskTools.  I used it briefly, but it didn't play well with my very large database.  When I get the time, I would like to revisit this.  Anyway, it seemed pretty snifty, but it's Windows only.  Please search the board on TuskTools for more info.  And here's his website:

http://www.moreproductivenow.com/evernote.html

Tusk Tools Calendar is a fine tool, but unfortunately extremely heavy on memory. Both programms (calendar and synch) take up to 1,8 GB of memory (with a large EN account). The programmer announced a new version with less memory load recently, but it did not yet arrive.

Still: Follow BnF's recommendation and have a look at it ...

Greetings from Munich, EvB

• 3 weeks later...

It goes without saying that Evernote must expand the Reminders feature and functionality and build in a Calendar to accompany the product. 

It does? I certainly hope they don't go that way! I have plenty of task management programs. I don't need another. And, I certainly don't want Evernote to try to fill every possible software niche. 

It goes without saying that Evernote must expand the Reminders feature and functionality and build in a Calendar to accompany the product. 

It does? I certainly hope they don't go that way! I have plenty of task management programs. I don't need another. And, I certainly don't want Evernote to try to fill every possible software niche. 

Do you use reminders in Evernote?  

If not and you have sufficient use in external applications for tasks and reminders etc that is fine, cannot debate that.

However, if Reminders are used in Evernote it has to be expanded and Reminders should be Point / Task or Note based as opposed to Notebook based, only in my opinion.

I am with you, Phil. 

Perhaps if Evernote developers thought of a calendar as a "view" we'd get somewhere. We have Card, Expanded Card, Snippet, List... why not Calendar?

Combined with a saved search or an Event tag, and you'd have it.

• Level 5*

However, if Reminders are used in Evernote it has to be expanded and Reminders should be Point / Task or Note based as opposed to Notebook based, only in my opinion.

Reminders in Evernote are just notes with a couple of extra attributes set. As notes, they are inherently related to notebooks. On the other hand, they're displayed in a note view (though not List View in Windows), and are also amenable to organization via tagging or other filters, so if you organize your Tasks, e.g., by tag, the reminders fit right in with any filter that selects notes that pertain to that Task. This works well for my use case, and architecturally it doesn't any new Evernote entity to the system, which might complicate usage.

Again, "has to"? I get that you would like it to. But, as Jeff points out, that would involve completely changing the way Evernote works. No small feat, even if the good folks at Evernote were so inclined. 

Reminders in Evernote are just notes with a couple of extra attributes set. As notes, they are inherently related to notebooks. On the other hand, they're displayed in a note view (though not List View in Windows), and are also amenable to organization via tagging or other filters, so if you organize your Tasks, e.g., by tag, the reminders fit right in with any filter that selects notes that pertain to that Task. This works well for my use case, and architecturally it doesn't any new Evernote entity to the system, which might complicate usage.

@Jeff a great reply and a great way of using it personally.  However when it is Evernote Business there are some serious management issues when it comes to tagging and less admin around Reminders - again only my opinion.  And why I feel Reminders "should be considered for feature expansion" as opposed to "Has to" @megsaint  ;)

• Level 5*

@Jeff a great reply and a great way of using it personally.  However when it is Evernote Business there are some serious management issues when it comes to tagging and less admin around Reminders - again only my opinion.  And why I feel Reminders "should be considered for feature expansion" as opposed to "Has to" @megsaint  ;)

My feeling is that Evernote's tag philosophy / approach in all shared situations, including Evernote Business, is unclear / undercooked so far. More work would be welcome. But that's another topic for another time.

Archived