Daily Journal/To Do Notes

Go to solution Solved by Jon/t,

Em 28/06/2024 at 18:54, Brubnan disse:

How can I activate the daily notes feature? I declined it when it first appeared, and now I cannot find where to activate it.

Anyone?

Agora, Jon/t disse:

If you have the feature its in settings under Daily Note.

image.png.2180f4e9343805f430a296b3cc20e703.png

Thanks for taking the time to help me. I've declined it when I was first prompted to accept it. Now, it is not being displayed in my current settings... See under "Aplicativo" (Application) and above "Calendário" (Calendar).

image.thumb.png.b86ee1462c3249af1fe02c31b1e8e46e.png

7 minutes ago, Brubnan said:

I've declined it when I was first prompted to accept it. Now, it is not being displayed in my current settings

Interesting. As the features isn't rolled out yet all I could suggest is that they were trying to put you into a test group to make sure it worked OK and declining doesn't give the option to opt back in.

Good news is that its not far away, not sure when but it is coming quite soon.

1 minuto atrás, Jon/t disse:

Interesting. As the features isn't rolled out yet all I could suggest is that they were trying to put you into a test group to make sure it worked OK and declining doesn't give the option to opt back in.

Good news is that its not far away, not sure when but it is coming quite soon.

Good point! Thanks again for clarifying.

• Like 1

Hi Brubnan. I have had the same issue as you, except that I wanted to disable the automatic daily note feature. The reason why you cannot find the "Daily Note" in your current settings is because you are using the desktop version of Evernote. You can still enable the feature using the web version.

Desktop version.PNG

Web version.PNG

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Eukaryote said:

I'm on 10.96.1 on iOS 10.96.5 on my Mac, but I don't see the option. Don't see it in the web app either.

Its not rolled out yet. Just a few random folk have it so they can test things, fix bugs. Coming soon though.

• Like 1

@Jon/t: what's the easiest way to know something like this? This discussion is the only one I found that finally answered the question. @Dave Edwards said in his video 10.93, though he did imply that features are not predictably rolled out.

5 minutes ago, Eukaryote said:

what's the easiest way to know something like this?

Wait for it to arrive in the release notes. They tend to roll out updates so they can take a little time.

The Daily Notes feature has been teased a fair bit and the expert community and a few others are testing and bug fixing.

Its not far from being released but I don't know a date.

I wrote something about how updates are processed a week or two ago:

https://tamingthetrunk.substack.com/p/how-does-evernote-mange-its-software

I am really excited about this feature, but I think the latest blog post is a little misleading in that it's listed in the "30 Improvements In June".   So I spent, 30 minutes looking around in my app for something that simply doesn't exist.  I think they could have better articulated, that it is an improvement that is "coming soon" or added it to the month it was actually being deployed.  Leads to some frustration and incorrect expectations. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, jczelust said:

listed in the "30 Improvements In June"

I think the plan was to have it launched before that post but a couple of niggles have held it back. A few have it for testing. For the last few days its been pretty solid for me so expect it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Note is in the 10.98.3 update (MacOS). Unfortunately it is mostly useless to me because it doesn't let you choose from the existing templates, only a new list of 3 templates that are not customizable. Doesn't let you choose the notebook either. I'll just have to continue with my manual daily note process and hope they improve this at some point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This will be great. 

BUT! can i create my own template for the Daily Note?

Any answers to this? I just see three custom options to choose from currently.

Would also like if we can also setup notes at a different frequency Eg. for my weekly/monthly review

August 12, 2024: Like "WhenEverNoteTaker," I wanted to REMOVE the annoying and unwanted auto-generated "Daily Journal" feature, but was unable to quicklly or easily do so using the Evernote mobile app, or the Evernote app on my computer. As per "WhenEverNoteTaker's" advice, however, I DID quickly find the option to DESELECT (disable) the "Daily Journal" feature on the BROWSER (WEB)-BASED version of Evernote.

Unfortunately, this kind of very BASIC dysfunctionality and oversight by the design team at Evernote really highlights the chronic missteps that persist at Evernote, despite dozens of updates over the years. Really BASIC, SIMPLE STUFF remains overlooked and ignored, like the ability to quickly and easily easily custom-configure (or disable entirely) COLUMN VIEWS; or the still clunky and inelegant integration of "Shortcuts," which are not always easy to find, to assign, to un-assign, or to filter (and "Shortcuts" is really a misnomer: they should be called "Favorites"). Yes, I'm aware there are "workarounds" and ways of doing both of these things (usually involving multiple keystrokes and manual re-selections and lots of hunting), but that's not what I'd call optimally functional or efficient. Both of these failings (and many others, some of which are highlighted by others in this thread) plague all versions of the app and the web-based iterations of Everote. These kind of basic, fundamental functionalities should have been ironed-out during the first half-dozen revisions of Evernote years ago, but nope...years later and dozens of updates later, we're still strapped with these foibles.

I've been a paid subscriber almost since the beginning of Evernote, but I'm now actively researching alternatives that may be more responsive to customer input and to my own [perhaps unique] needs and preferences.

• Like 2

Make sure you're on the latest mobile version which is 10.100.1 as the feature is there. 

Daily Notes is new and different app stores roll stuff out at different times. Google play can roll updates out up to 14 days, apple is around 7. Mac and pc are around 5 - 7 days. 

This is why some apps are on different versions and may not all have the features at exactly the same time. 

HOw do I get rid of the Daily Journal notes that are auto-generated? 

It only happens on my iMac and I cannot figure out how to disable it.

thanks