Active List of Things Removed... by Evernote Team

Is there an Active List of Things Removed... by the Evernote Team? 

Went to print a note... and noticed it no longer prints out the note information anymore. Like breadcrumbs... helped to see where the note existed and gave context to what it was for. It's just gone now. It's things like this... where things just get removed.... without notice of it... and you're having to redo the way you do things again and again. If we had an active list of AT LEAST THE THINGS YOU REMOVE... it might be helpful to some of us- especially if it was intentionally removed and with a reasoning behind it so we know it makes sense to make a change with how we do things going forward with it as it relates. Not that it gets removed... and then we find out just from finding out on our own... then make adjustments to our process because of it... then later it gets put back in production... and we have to readjust our process again. 

A little bit of a vent... but maybe there actually is a list and I just can't find it? 

Much love. I'm really starting to get back into the groove of using Evernote again. Digging some of the new things going on.

• Level 5*

I would suggest approaching v10 as the completely new app that it is.  It was a ground up rewrite, not a modified new version.  Many new things added, some similar and some no longer there.  It is best to poke around and discover things like you would with any new app and let us know if you have any specific questions.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Write a list of what was added - I am sure it is impressively longer than the nitty bitty detail aspects that may have been lost in transition.

No doubt a list of additions would be longer. Printing should never be considered a nitty bitty detail in dev standards though, which is why I searched their site and blog first to see if I could find a roadmap, feature request list, problem log, chatter about things from the source, etc- to see how it's being addressed. 

So kinda goes back to my initial question.... is there a designated place to specifically see a list of things changed/added/removed etc? Is there an actual list somewhere? I couldn't find one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe you or someone knows of a link to it? 

• Level 5

There never was such a list, roadmap or whatever. Eternal discussion, it simply doesn’t exist. Want to know what’s next: Follow the blog, or Federico on X.

Pinting is available, basic sort. I doubt the ability to print a documents meta information is available in any app. It for sure is NOT available in most apps I use. Want it: Open Note info, make a screenshot, done.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Prophat said:

So kinda goes back to my initial question.... is there a designated place to specifically see a list of things changed/added/removed etc? Is there an actual list somewhere? I couldn't find one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

A couple of users have created their own list of things that are missing from legacy in the hope that Evernote may add some back in, but there is no official list that we are aware of.  

15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There never was such a list, roadmap or whatever. Eternal discussion, it simply doesn’t exist. Want to know what’s next: Follow the blog, or Federico on X.

Pinting is available, basic sort. I doubt the ability to print a documents meta information is available in any app. It for sure is NOT available in most apps I use. Want it: Open Note info, make a screenshot, done.

I can understand why many companies refuse to make their roadmaps available to the public. I just didn't know if they made theirs public and had it buried somewhere. 

Open Note info, make a screenshot and be done with it? Just because I could walk to work to get the job done, doesn't mean I will just NOT address the problem with my car because I've found an incredibly inefficient workaround. We might value sanity, time, and vested interest in Evernote differently.

As for at the logical principles with printing. Ever print an email? Ever print from CRM or Project Management software/apps? Those are just random examples. It's logical to include / give the ability to include ancillary information for the print for things like that and Evernote. This isn't anything new if you're familiar with logical principles in dev work. It's pretty standard in the software world. 

I'm sure it will get addressed in the future. Hopefully sooner than later. I do appreciate you trying to help. 

13 hours ago, s2sailor said:

A couple of users have created their own list of things that are missing from legacy in the hope that Evernote may add some back in, but there is no official list that we are aware of.  

Thanks! Have any links to them by chance? 

ferol's list of wanted features includes many that were in Legacy but not included in v10. It's probably the closest thing you'll find...

And as for other comments here -- the "nitty bitty detail aspects that may have been lost in transition" are in fact less in number than the new features, but far more critical to some of us than the bells and whistles which have been added at the cost of stability and performance.

The idea of treating v10 as an entirely new program is probably the path of least frustration, but if you're dependent on features that are gone now, that can be a bitter pill to swallow.