New Evernote Internal Calendar

The latest version introduced a new Calendar that's internal to Evernote. When viewing the calendar, the left border under Evernote Calendar, shows two tick boxes, one for Events and one for Tasks (see attached screen clipping). When unchecking the Events box, the events disappear from the calendar and when checking the box the events appear. 

However, checking and unchecking the box for Tasks, doesn't seem to produce any results. Were the tasks due on a particular date supposed to show up on the Calendar when the box is checked? Otherwise, what's the purpose of the Tasks check box? 

I'm running Evernote 10.86.4 on a Mac Mini M2 Pro, running Sonoma 14.4.1. 

Evernote Calendar.png

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

The tasks tick box shows the tasks due on that day. Head over to the task page and see if you have any. 

Thanks, Jon

I thought that may be the case, so I created a task with a due date for tomorrow and nothing showed up in the calendar view. 

I also noticed that in the Web version of Evernote the Task tick box is missing. 

Edited by philrodo
Added info
48 minutes ago, philrodo said:

so I created a task with a due date for tomorrow and nothing showed up in the calendar view. 

Try a log out and back in again to see if it's all working. I have it ok here on windows. 

Not tried web yet but the new version releases don't always come at the same time.

2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Try a log out and back in again to see if it's all working. I have it ok here on windows. 

Closed EN and re-opened it, but no cigar... 

So it sounds like a bug on EN for Macs...

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, philrodo said:

Can anyone else confirm this issue when running EN under macOS? 

I don't think the feature is fully implemented or rolled out yet.  I have the options too but they are currently not doing anything.

• Evernote Expert
13 hours ago, philrodo said:

I created a task with a due date for tomorrow and nothing showed up in the calendar view. 

No intention to cause offence, but checking that the task had a TIME as well as a date. I'm assuming so, but since you didn't say I thought it worth asking. 

10 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I don't think the feature is fully implemented or rolled out yet.  I have the options too but they are currently not doing anything.

Thanks. I tend to agree, but it’s strange that it’s apparently working as intended when running EN for Windows. 

3 hours ago, agsteele said:

checking that the task had a TIME as well as a date. I'm assuming so, but since you didn't say I thought it worth asking. 

Thanks. I thought of that too, so I set up a couple of tasks with due dates and times, but it didn’t make any difference. Strange that it seems to work under EN for Windows, but not under macOS. I’ll put in a support request and see what they have to say. 

Have you tried a reboot? They was something not showing for me just before Xmas and a reboot worked, log out and in didn't.

Must not be working for MAC yet. The full page task view nor the task on calendar work on my MAC after logging out and back in , deleting app and re installing. I checked all the info on X and EN website and no mention of it not working for MAC. Hope this will be corrected soon

51 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Have you tried a reboot?

Thanks. Yes, I had to reboot a couple of times yesterday as I was having WiFi issues. But like I said, the Tasks tick box doesn’t even show on the Web version and I saw a Beta reference about the calendar—so it seems that they’re still working out the bugs. They also have not released the EN internal calendar for the iOS and iPadOS apps. 

41 minutes ago, rmw said:

The full page task view nor the task on calendar work on my MAC after logging out and back in

Hmmm, the full Task view works on my MAC—go figure… 🤯🤓

• Evernote Expert

It may be that a full uninstall using Appcleaner to remove all trace of the original installation is needed. Then download the latest version from evernote.com/download to see what happens ;)

56 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Full task view is working for me as well on the Mac.

Full Task view works for me too, but that’s not what I was reporting. There’s a Tasks tick box, under the internal EN calendar that presumably should be showing the due tasks on the calendar, but checking or unchecking the box does nothing. 

26 minutes ago, agsteele said:

It may be that a full uninstall using Appcleaner to remove all trace of the original installation is needed. Then download the latest version from evernote.com/download to see what happens ;)

I think I’ll wait. I submitted a support request and got a response thanking me for reporting this bug. There are many other inconsistencies, like the Tasks tick box doesn’t appear on the web version (and possibly on the Windows version?), the internal EN Calendar doesn’t appear on the iOS and iPadOS apps, and that the internal Calendar is still in Beta, which I didn’t realize earlier. So it sounds like the internal EN Calendar is work in progress…

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, philrodo said:

Full Task view works for me too, but that’s not what I was reporting. There’s a Tasks tick box, under the internal EN calendar that presumably should be showing the due tasks on the calendar, but checking or unchecking the box does nothing. 

There are two separate issues, full page task view and tasks tick box on the calendar.  I was commenting that I do have full page task view working, but I also do not have the tasks tick box working yet.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:01 AM, philrodo said:

Closed EN and re-opened it, but no cigar... 

So it sounds like a bug on EN for Macs...

I am having the same problem on Windows.

On 4/25/2024 at 7:54 PM, Jon/t said:

The tasks tick box shows the tasks due on that day. Head over to the task page and see if you have any. 

how can I delete an event?

how can I get an overview or search for an event?