Tag Sorting in v10

Go to solution Solved by AlbertR,

Can't figure out how in the world I'm supposed to put certain tags that I want at the very top, as I used to be able to put a set of tags on the home screen, but I can't figure out even how to do that...   There doesn't seem to be any order to the ones that I have circled on this screenshot... Maybe there's a way but I'm not sure how to change the order...

Screenshot_20240417-160538_Camera.jpg

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Tags are in general sorted alphabetically.

You can try to put a „period“ ( .myimportanttag ) at the beginning to make a tag appear on top.

As you can see by the attached screenshot though, they're not sorted alphabetically, and I would like to put 'certain ones' at the top even though not alphabetically in that order, and I don't want to rename them as they've been that way for many years.  In legacy, I could pin specific tags to the desktop but I'm not sure how to do that now.

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 5.40.43 PM.png

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Could you use the filtered notes window on the home page?

No, it's more difficult, subject to be different from time to time (changed by other users), slower, more steps, not just a trusty button click (for some of our users that need this simplicity).

• Level 5

The listing you show is obviously sorted by the number of note the tag is applied to. The idea of the Home widget is to dynamically offer the tags most used - which may or may not be helpful.

Since there was not Home in legacy, there is no way of comparing a v10 Home widget with anything legacy had.

In the left panel the sorting is by alphabet.

If you want a different sort than by numbers in the Home widget, you can ask for it through 

feedback@evernote.com

• Like 1
  • Solution
9 hours ago, FredJ said:

In legacy, I could pin specific tags to the desktop but I'm not sure how to do that now.

??? If you placed a tag (by Drag&Drop) on the desktop, EN-Legacy placed an ENEX-export. Don't know why because it would be a better choice to habe only something like an URL that causes EN to show what's requested in a search phrase embedded in the URL's address 😉. But this functionality (storing and re-executing search phrases) was and is given by defined Favorite in EN10...

10 hours ago, FredJ said:

I would like to put 'certain ones' at the top even though not alphabetically in that order, and I don't want to rename them as they've been that way for many years

You may place the tags in Favorites and sort Favorites by your own. Even if you rename tags, the order within the Favorites will not change.

• Like 1