Different default folder when using "Add Note" from calendar

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Can notes be automatically added to a defined folder instead of the default folder when using "Add Note" from the calendar?

At the moment I need to manually move them from my default folder after I add them. Ideally, this would be a setting per calendar.

3 hours ago, Shadowfoot said:

Can notes be automatically added to a defined folder instead of the default folder when using "Add Note" from the calendar?

At the moment I need to manually move them from my default folder after I add them. Ideally, this would be a setting per calendar.

You could attack the problem from the other direction, go to the Notebook, create a note, and then choose to add a Calendar item.  You will have to set your own title though.  You can drag the Event into the title to grab its title.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On some tools like the Web Clipper you can set another notebook, but not inside of the main app.

That's currently true, but why not?  I would think they could add in an option for this for the calendar function.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Just to mention: We have a duplicate thread here.

and I'm in both 😀.  Better content here so I removed the other.

5 hours ago, Dave Green said:

You could attack the problem from the other direction, go to the Notebook, create a note, and then choose to add a Calendar item.  You will have to set your own title though.  You can drag the Event into the title to grab its title.

a problem with that is the calendar items are meeting invites I’ve received. Even if they weren’t, moving it after creation is easier.

@Shadowfoot, I do a variation of what @Dave Greensuggested.  I created a meeting notes template.  My SOP is open the template, duplicate it and change the "template" title to describe the meeting, and add a calendar object at the bottom of meeting note form.  That way I can quickly find meeting notes by going to the candear and clicking the link.

Vinnie

• Like 2