Blue dot next to Calendar

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Evernoteuser01 said:

How do you remove the blue dot next to Calendar in settings?  Please note that it's always there, even when you are in calendar settings

image.png.8c8d0f88481a1560998d8370bfcf72b7.png

It should mean there is a new option there, sometimes I checked and can find the new option, sometimes I can’t.  In this case it may have to do with the new Outlook calendar.

37 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

It should mean there is a new option there, sometimes I checked and can find the new option, sometimes I can’t.  In this case it may have to do with the new Outlook calendar.

I think it might have to do with the Outlook calendar as well.  So how we get rid of the blue dot?  I don't use outlook.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Evernoteuser01 said:

So how we get rid of the blue dot?

In the past, I would usually notice that it was gone. I don’t know if it timed out or if installing a new version removed it, but my safari web clipper had had a blue dot on it for ages so whatever they’re doing it’s imperfect.

To answer your question I am not aware of anyway manually to remove it.

You can nuke it temporarily until the next restart with the old Chrome Dev tools 'Delete element' trick

image.png.a1784c006d9972e9c2711be56eb87d6e.png

image.png.72827eec3031a56c4967600cf92995ce.png

image.png.7c9a397a14dc183267bf9da32fdcc252.png

But I just got used to having it there since that was easier. 😃 

• Level 5*

Instead of being in settings, for me, it turned out to be an unread notification.  It was about the new Outlook calendar.  Once I clicked on it, the blue dot disappeared.  On the other hand, the blue dot next to the clipper is still hanging around and I've found no way to remove that one.

image.png.97614795b73aad8acac25bf6094a8755.png

I have Outlook but I do NOT want to connect Evernote to it. I can't get rid of this blue dot. Need a solution.

• Like 1

I haven't linked any calendars and I have a blue dot. Looks like Pink hasn't linked any calendars and has the blue dot.

Anybody not have the blue dot that also hasn't linked any calendars?

It seems like it's a reminder to "link a calendar" and not something with Outlook specifically.

It's been with me through several updates and guessing it won't go away until a programming change is made there.

• Level 5

They can make me link my calendar in no time.

Just release Apple Calendar as link target …

Until then I will not link up, not to a privacy nightmare, and not to bloatware out of Redmond.

I have the dot, clicked it many times and it takes me to the calendar settings (which don't allow me to change anything). I have no calendars connected and never plan to, I guess it's there hoping to nag me into connecting? It'd be even better if I wasn't forced to have the calendar tab in my sidebar. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I don't have Google Calendar or Microsoft 365 to connect.

There should be a choice for CardDAV, and able to dismiss the blue dot without connecting calendar.

I also have the blue dot on the web clipper icon. Very annoying.

• Level 5*
On 3/30/2024 at 5:50 PM, ktml said:

There should be a choice for CardDAV, and able to dismiss the blue dot without connecting calendar.

I also have the blue dot on the web clipper icon.

I was able to get rid of the calendar blue dot by clicking on notifications.  The blue dot next to the webclipper icon, at least on Safari, won't go away no matter what I try.

This is another one of those death-by-a-thousand-cuts Evernote “features” [1]. I don’t want to connect my calendar. And I don’t want to be nagged to do so.

1. Just like I don’t want AI functionality — at all — but esp. because the AI “feature” results in search cursor being in a different visual spot than where I clicked (i.e. not in same location on screen) because of “Select Mode”.

• Like 1

Still there for me too and I'm never going to connect a Calendar.

Well, this profile pic update is the best I can do. 😎

Old me for reference:

image.png.86262902d27a75135d7b4d11e025a59d.png

• Haha 3