• title seems to be part of note on top of all whilst editing a note:
    • image.png.34e887f898f1e2ae3eb6dd0b62ff9084.png
  • when scrolling down, the note title scrolls out of editor's view:
    • image.png.4a93271abb025ba63fd0a97a0cf37a26.png
    • OK, you might see the title in window's title bar. But too small to be recognized
  • Moreover: If you walk with cursor keys up withing the note text, the cursor enters the title field.
    • This is annoying and causes mistakes because you do not want to change the title in 99% of all cases...

Expected behaviour
  • Note title should be fixed on top of a note editing window
  • Clicking on note title string should enable editing of the title
  • Cursor should not leave or enter title area with normal cursor keys or scroll up/down keys.
  • To leave the title field, you should have to enter TAB or Mouse

Workaround
  • Be on alert every time 😤

Background information (See also...)

The breadcrumbs should stay put at the top, this was the solution for keeping the note title visible when scrolling as the note title is quite big.

Are you in responsive mode as I can se the whole title?

CTRL+HOME should get you to the top under the title. Page Up will also stop just below the title. Up Arrow takes you right to the top.

I'e kind of got all these burnt into my muscle memory.

CNTL-HOME -- that's a good tip!  

More shortcuts I should know, and probably knew once, but got overwritten in my limited-storage-capacity brain!

Thanks, Jon.

Vinnie

4 hours ago, Jon/t said:

The breadcrumbs should stay put at the top, this was the solution for keeping the note title visible when scrolling as the note title is quite big.

OK - but why? Occupies too much space 😉

4 hours ago, Jon/t said:

CTRL+HOME should get you to the top under the title. Page Up will also stop just below the title.

OK, THX. But...

4 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Up Arrow takes you right to the top.

??? It takes me to the title - and that's the problem whilst simple editing anywhere in the upper part of a note. If I'm (i.e.) in the 3rd line and type Up Arrow 4 times - I'm in the title by accident 😞

Every UI Style Guide tells you to separate things that do not belong together. Note text ist core note content information whereas the title belongs to note's metadata.

• If you edit a Word file, you do not want to change its file name accidently by scrolling above the text.
    • You never will go out of the text editing area with Arrow keys.
  • Have a look into the text composing window of your eMail app To change the Subject, you have to use either special keys to enter the Subject field or use the mouse.
  • Have a look to our forum here: Even if you as a thread owner start to edit the first post, you have to go explicitely to a special field to change the title.

BTW: around the very first line in a note window there is another design fail: If you click on the note title here, you will get a dialog to move the note to an other notebook. Haeh? If I click on anything, I want to change this - and not anything else. If I click on the notebook name, I would expect to change the notebook assignment - and not to navigate to a notebook... But that's all an other story for that I'll open an new thread.

I hear you but I don't think the top bit is going to change as the breadcrumbs were developed to solve other complaints of not know where you are.

There's some debate around clicking the note title to move, some folks noticed the little book icon with an arrow has gone but not sure if this will change.

The joys of Electron/web-style apps is that you can define your own design process ;)

I've kind of got used to it and having the name of the note visible all the time is a huge thing for me as I use the name of someone as the note title... the amount of times I've fogotten who I'm talking to 'cos I'm at the bottom of the note!

33 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

... the breadcrumbs were developed to solve other complaints of not know where you are.
There's some debate around clicking the note title to move, some folks noticed the little book icon with an arrow has gone but not sure if this will change.

Yeah - but the solution seems like a shot without thinking about enough 😞
See 044 - Invalid functionality of note title fields for a user story to make it better... 😉

36 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

The joys of Electron/web-style apps is that you can define your own design process ;)

... and to re-change it quite fast 👍

38 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

I use the name of someone as the note title... the amount of times I've forgotten who I'm talking to 'cos I'm at the bottom of the note!

So either they should use the (boldfaced) title as described in 044 or fix the title above the editing area. 🙏