Note history window on web client with new UI is barely usable

ScreenShot2024-02-21at12_33_12PM.png.1ad677f57e498cda21faa10401b53fd5.png

The height of the note history popup for me on the web client with the new UI makes it pretty much unusable. Chrome and Firefox. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't find anything via search, but I confess to not having time to read the 377-message thread "New UI - Experiences Bad and Good."

• Like 2

Yeah - Just looked and I'm seeing that in the browser too (Chrome on MacOS). I also haven't seen it reported anywhere yet.

It's not a problem in the Desktop version of the app and the Note History window can be resized (but oddly enough, it can't be moved even though it's in it's own "OS" window).

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

While the default display on the web is shorter than the same history window on an installed app,  mine comes with a scroll bar.  Why is it unusable?

Same here, perfectly usable.

• Like 1

on EN web, V10.77.3, the note history window cannot be resized, this is the only issue for me which makes it a bit more difficult to work with it. Scroll bars, however exist.

• ENnut changed the title to Note history window on web client with new UI is barely usable
5 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

Same here, perfectly usable.

Perfectly usable when you can only see 3 lines of text and you're searching through around 600 lines? LOL. Prior to the new UI it was fine.

Ticket #3837954.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
27 minutes ago, ENnut said:

Perfectly usable when you can only see 3 lines of text and you're searching through around 600 lines? LOL. Prior to the new UI it was fine.

Would've been useful to have that much information in your first post then we might have been agreeing with you instead of wondering what was going on...

Please let us know what Support say... eventually...

• Like 1
  • Level 5
20 hours ago, gazumped said:

While the default display on the web is shorter than the same history window on an installed app,  mine comes with a scroll bar.  Why is it unusable?

Is the scroll bar more than a centimeter high? It's not for me, when I select a particular note version in history that I want to look at. That centimeter is the "window" into the note.

• Like 1

Received a response from Support today:

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We're truly sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps we provided didn't help.

We understand how frustrating it can be when something isn't working as expected, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Rest assured, your concern has been noted and reported to our developers. While we may not have an immediate solution at hand, please know that we're working hard to prevent any such issues from arising in the future. Enhancing the user experience of Evernote remains a top priority for us.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Your feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us improve our product and provide a better experience for all our users.

If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Warm regards,

Evernote Support Team

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

And that it's on to the developers, who at least plausibly can do something about it.

At least in theory. I've seen the inside of support departments, and the line between "feedback to developers" and the developers actually receiving that feedback in usable form is not nearly as reliable and straightforward as we would all like it to be. 😕

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I've seen the inside of support departments

I've run one,  and in ours the devs were in the same room - just hidden behind a huge pile of user requests and complaints... :D

• Haha 2
  • Level 5*

In my case, we had three levels of support and level 3 were developers and getting their time and attention was always difficult since their time was split with working on new development.

• Like 3