Inline note images are broken on external share (showing 503 Forbidden errors on images)

Exivus
Go to solution Solved by agsteele,

Idea

I'm not sure when this started, but I recently tried sharing a note with a public link. This has always included images and displayed fine up until [somewhere near] now.

PDF attachments seem to be fine, but inline images are now all broken. When inspecting each, they are returning a "503 Forbidden" error page. This is happening with a note that's been created last week, 4 months old and ones that are 2 years old. 

All notes show the inline images fine on my desktop client; but no longer on my shared public links; each is a broken image. Worked fine aabout a month ago, but sometime between now and then it stopped working and I don't know exactly when.

Anyone else getting this? Is this new? Anyone know a fix?

What's going on with Evernote?

12 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert
  • Solution

Other users report this issue has been resolved after correcting the Evernote support team. Close your browser then return and check whether this issue is still affecting your notes.

• Ex Employees

Same issue here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s373/sh/c9678945-dc1f-e2bf-4175-ef96fcfeef0e/v0EZ0kV2GNd34uaL6w3EyxzLoZAs2R-ar6NJN_ktPVJVS00VEmqIcVoPyQ 

I downloaded the .jpeg on my mac and attached it to a note using the desktop app. But it doesn't seem specific to a certain device or method of attaching the image. I had the same issue when attaching images using the web app.  I'll also submit a ticket. Thanks @agsteele! 🙂

Has anyone found a solution to this? I also just shared a note with a few others and none of the images are appearing - they show up as question marks...I submitted a ticket as well - but wondering if there's any quick work around anyone's discovered? Thank you for your help!

I am having the same problem, and when exporting the note to my hard drive, even the included jpg file is empty. I can see the image in preview, but when I click it disappears?! 

Hi there!
I recently encountered a similar issue with inline images in Evernote and found a solution that might work for you.
It seems there's a hiccup in Evernote's external sharing, and while they work on a fix, I used Filemail to upload the files and share them seamlessly.

• Level 5
9 hours ago, Exivus said:

What?

Specifically, the post (still visible as of 24 January) claiming that they had "recently encountered a similar issue with inline images in Evernote and found a solution that might work for you," and then linking to their "solution." Pretty sure that violates the forum rules.