Evernote doesn't start with Windows 10.

I have been experiencing this issue for more than 6 months. 

Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote.

Exit code: -529687949

-> Quit

-> Restart

Try both but the same.

I tried to uninstall Evernote completely and reinstall for several times and didn't solve the issue.

Right now, I can only use Evernote with web browser.

Please help!

Thanks.

In addition, it doesn't work with my android phone at all.  It opens the app and closes automatically after 5~10 seconds.

My phone: Xiaomi 12S Ultra

• Level 5*

Hi.  For Windows 10 - try uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Free to remove all traces,  then power your device off and on again and reinstall from Evernote.com.  For Android,  just uninstall / power off and back on and reinstall.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Roger Lin said:

Any permanent solution?

1 - please edit your post above to delete the random copy of the other posts in this thread

2 - please explain exactly what you did to try and fix your issue in Windows 10

I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove Evernote completely. Then turned off/on my laptop and reinstalled the newest version of Evernote.

It worked for 2~3 days and the same issue happened again.

It is working now after uninstalled/installed the program last night.

Thanks,

• Level 5

Actually there are the usual suspects on a PC:

Antivirus, security suites, adblockers and the like. In short anything stopping software from executing.

We had a while back a report where an Antivirus „detected“ the EN installer as a Trojan. It was a false positive, but one that needs to be solved by the provider of that software.

Another possibility is to check your registry for corruption, for example by former uninstalls. 

• Level 5*
On 1/22/2024 at 12:20 PM, ajay sharma 060896 said:

I'm not able to connect my Windows 10 pro laptop with the Evernote scan snap scanner.

Please guide me on how to proceed with the installation of the scanner.

Hi.  Please don't hijack posts on different issues.  Please start your own query in the Windows area of the forums.  Knowing your Evernote version number and having more detail would also help - was the scanner working directly with Evernote before?  On a different device?  Have you tried scanning to a folder and using an Import folder to move files into Evernote?

• 4 weeks later...

Since 2 months ago, I have experienced the same issue for 8 times. I had to uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  I downloaded the program before I installed it.

I used "Revo Uninstaller Pro" and turned off the PC before I reinstalled.

Still don't know the issue and how to fix it.

Thanks. 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 155013.jpg

1 hour ago, Roger Lin said:

Since 2 months ago, I have experienced the same issue for 8 times. I had to uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  I downloaded the program before I installed it.

I used "Revo Uninstaller Pro" and turned off the PC before I reinstalled.

Still don't know the issue and how to fix it.

Thanks. 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 155013.jpg

When you use Revo Uninstaller, do you let it Scan for folders linked to Evernote and completely clear all of them as well before restarting the PC and installing the new File?

All Revo Uninstaller is doing is removing %appdata%\Evernote. Evernote stores exactly one value in the registry, and it just affects whether the EULA is shown when running the installer. Everything else is in username\Appdata\Roaming\Evernote.

If you've already removed %appdata%\Evernote or used Revo Uninstaller and the issue persists it has nothing to do with Evernote. Something else on your machine is causing this issue. Whether it be overzealous anti virus, failing boot drive or RAM, malware infection something else on your computer unrelated to Evernote is causing the problem as you've reinstalled Evernote and the installation ends up corrupted again.

I would verify that you aren't using poor quality Antivirus such as AVG, Avast, McAfee, Norton etc. Those are all terrible. I'd suggest scanning the machine with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender to potentially rule out known malware. I would also suggest checking the SMART health of the SSD or Hard Drive (hopefully NOT hard drive :() using Crystal Disk Info. You may also use Memtest86 to test the RAM in the machine. A hardware issue like this could lead to data corruption.

As a last resort there is likely something wrong as the OS level. The easiest solution would be to back up all data and perform a clean installation of Windows.

3 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

When you use Revo Uninstaller, do you let it Scan for folders linked to Evernote and completely clear all of them as well before restarting the PC and installing the new File?

That is what I did.

Thanks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

All Revo Uninstaller is doing is removing %appdata%\Evernote. Evernote stores exactly one value in the registry, and it just affects whether the EULA is shown when running the installer. Everything else is in username\Appdata\Roaming\Evernote.

If you've already removed %appdata%\Evernote or used Revo Uninstaller and the issue persists it has nothing to do with Evernote. Something else on your machine is causing this issue. Whether it be overzealous anti virus, failing boot drive or RAM, malware infection something else on your computer unrelated to Evernote is causing the problem as you've reinstalled Evernote and the installation ends up corrupted again.

I would verify that you aren't using poor quality Antivirus such as AVG, Avast, McAfee, Norton etc. Those are all terrible. I'd suggest scanning the machine with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender to potentially rule out known malware. I would also suggest checking the SMART health of the SSD or Hard Drive (hopefully NOT hard drive :() using Crystal Disk Info. You may also use Memtest86 to test the RAM in the machine. A hardware issue like this could lead to data corruption.

As a last resort there is likely something wrong as the OS level. The easiest solution would be to back up all data and perform a clean installation of Windows.

May need to dig into it.  

My question is it didn't have any issue before for years with the same laptop.  In addition, it happened to my two different windows machines and my phone.

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Roger Lin said:

May need to dig into it.  

My question is it didn't have any issue before for years with the same laptop.  In addition, it happened to my two different windows machines and my phone.

Thanks.

There's some commonality then causing this. The phone is a different issue clearly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Right now, not count my phone app my one laptop and one PC are having the same issue every 2~3 days. 

Is there any log file can catch the problem?  

Thanks.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Roger Lin said:

Is there any log file can catch the problem? 

Evernote has activity logs which you can send to Support (please don't post them here - we're mainly just other users).  Best advice is probably to do a clean reinstall on each device - uninstall / don't keep local data / power cycle device / download from Evernote.com and re-install.  Keep the app open so Evernote can download and install the local infrastructure.