New Mac Icon = New UI version?

I had an update notice today on my Evernote app for Mac, and the round icon is gone. Replaced with a new rounded square and a bit of a shine on the logo. Would this indicate the version with the new UI as well? If so, it’s very subtle in app.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, nickhq said:

I had an update notice today on my Evernote app for Mac, and the round icon is gone. Replaced with a new rounded square and a bit of a shine on the logo. Would this indicate the version with the new UI as well? If so, it’s very subtle in app.

I’ve only noticed the icon change too, nothing else so far.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 1/12/2024 at 4:17 PM, nickhq said:

I got the new UI today in Windows, but no new icon. Believe me, when you get the new UI, you'll know it:

• Level 5
1 minute ago, agsteele said:

I seem to have been reverted to the old UI.  Possibly some issues have arisen requiring a roll back ;)

I will wait in hope. Like someone said in the "New UI experiences" thread, we seem to be lab rats in the moment.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2024 at 3:24 PM, agsteele said:

I think the icon indicates an app update. Likley the app that will support the new UI when it is enabled.

Ah - I see. It sounds like the new icon (at least on the Mac side -- 10.71.2) indicates that this version of the application supports the new UI, but there is still a server-side switch/configuration that has to be made for your specific account to enable it.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Boot17 said:

there is still a server-side switch/configuration that has to be made for your specific account to enable it.

I have the new icon but no UI update yet.  I have signed up for the beta in hopes that I may be able to nudge some of the development in a direction that I will find helpful, or at least not as onerous.

12 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I have the new icon but no UI update yet.  I have signed up for the beta in hopes that I may be able to nudge some of the development in a direction that I will find helpful, or at least not as onerous.

Now that a few screens have come about, I definitely didn’t get the full update. I do like the new icon though. Glad to see it.

How does one sign up for betas? I’m curious to join. I’m not bothered by breaking changes when using them.