Keyboard shortcut for "Checklist" not working (Ctrl+Shift+C)

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hello!
I recently bought myself a new computer. When using the Evernote desktop app for Windows the keyboard shortcut for "Checklist" (Ctrl+Shift+C) is not working. The keyboard should not be the issue, I already checked different keyboards, the shortcut is not working with any one of them. I connected my keyboard to my old laptop and all the shortcuts work just fine. It is interesting that the keyboard shortcut is not working in Evernote Web either. So I guess it has to be a Windows issue? (for example the keyboard shortcut for "Bulleted List" (Ctrl+Shift+B) is working)
Has anyone of you had the same issue and found a solution?

I use Windows 11 Pro. I already reinstalled Evernote and even Windows, but it has not made a difference.
Thanks in advance!
My keyboard: Logitech MX Keys S

• Level 5
  • Solution

You need to check if another app is using the same shortcut. Keyboard shortcuts are not unique to just one app. When another app has reserved the same shortcut for it's own use, it may have hijacked the shortcut EN tried to reserve for itself.

It's not easy to find the culprit, sometimes. The Checklist-Shortcut can't be edited either.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2023 at 4:48 PM, PinkElephant said:

You need to check if another app is using the same shortcut. Keyboard shortcuts are not unique to just one app. When another app has reserved the same shortcut for it's own use, it may have hijacked the shortcut EN tried to reserve for itself.

It's not easy to find the culprit, sometimes. The Checklist-Shortcut can't be edited either.

Thanks to all of you guys for your help!

It was just like you described, one program was using the same shortcut as Evernote. In my case the program which caused the problem was the driver software for my CPU and GPU --> AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition (my old laptop had an Intel CPU and a NVIDIA GPU, I guess this was the reason why the problem didn´t occur there)
I deactivated the Hotkeys in the AMD Software because I don´t need them anyway and just like that, the shortcut for the Checklist in Evernote works again.

Thanks again for the help!

Screenshot 2023-12-28 204829.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5
3 hours ago, Benjamin98 said:

It was just like you described, one program was using the same shortcut as Evernote. In my case the program which caused the problem was the driver software for my CPU and GPU --> AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition (my old laptop had an Intel CPU and a NVIDIA GPU, I guess this was the reason why the problem didn´t occur there)
I deactivated the Hotkeys in the AMD Software because I don´t need them anyway and just like that, the shortcut for the Checklist in Evernote works again.

Just want to say that a driver hogging a global keyboard shortcut strikes me as really surprising. But I guess it has something to do with managing the driver while gaming, which is way out of my league.