E-MAIL REMINDER AND DESKTOP NOTIFICATION

E-MAIL REMINDER AND DESKTOP NOTIFICATION

---

Hello community,
one more question before Christmas:

How do you get Evernote to set a reminder for certain appointments?
Preferably:

- via email notification
- via desktop notification
- via reminder on your smartphone

I've already found the settings, but they don't work for me as I would like.

This is not a problem with the Microsoft TO DO application, as I can even set up a view of the various reminder areas or TO DO LIST areas in the widget without any problems.

Here are my 3 areas of memory:
- Loop appointments
- Memories
- Grocery list

I would like to receive notification of the loop appointments in good time.
Where or how can I proceed?
I have Evernote Personal.

Greetings Patrick

Evernote Freigabe Link:

-------------

TODOWORKPLACE.png

• Evernote Expert

I get reminders via the Android app and the desktop for tasks and note reminders. I've never had reminders by Email.

As I recall it isn't solely a setting in Evernote. I had to be sure that the OS notifications were correctly enabled for Evernote.

• Like 1

@agsteele, you're ahead of me!  I don't get desktop reminders.  Somewhere down the deep well of Windows settings there is apparently something that will let reminder notifications come through from Evernote.  Of course, somewhere down the same well is another setting, maybe even harder to find, that will stop Windows notifications from coming through.   I spent 15 minutes of my time once trying to figure it out, but then I decided my time would be better spent reading the latest Cormoran Strike novel, so I stopped looking and haven't gone back.  😁

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If you're willing to work with a 3rd party, Cronofy will connect your Evernote and Google Calendar accounts, so that every reminder in Evernote becomes a Google Calendar event, with notification. Unfortunately, it's not possible to adjust the number or timing of the Google notifications: it's just a single on-time reminder.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Ralf Schiering said:

But - no reminders in the morning.

Any idea?

Hi.  What's your device / OS and Evernote version,  and how exactly are you setting your reminders up?

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What's your device / OS and Evernote version,  and how exactly are you setting your reminders up?

Windows 11 Pro / Desktop Evernote 10.78.2

Setting an then activation checkbox.

It has been activated befeore, unchecked an checked again.

Snag_45fcb1a5.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Seems difficult to find anything concrete on what's in and what's not - AFAIK you 'should' be getting reminders by email,  but if that's failing,  the only fixes seem to be what you've already done,  or a complete uninstall and clean reinstall which may be a bit of overkill...

It's possible to use a saved search to check for outstanding tasks - ReminderdoneTime:today for instance,  or ToDo:*

These may give you some suggestions - 

...and of course you can always ask https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (patience may be required...)

• Like 1