Constant request for new password

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Hi “gazumped”, firstly thanks for your reply! Yes, I did create new password (every time I have been asked the last couple of days). I don’t have any screenshots as of now, but will make one if (when) it happens again (doing a bit of traveling these days, so might not use EN for a couple of days).

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If and when you have the time it's probably worth uninstalling the app,  power cycling the device and reinstalling.  No other reports of multiple password requests that I'm aware of so it might be just your account,  or one or other device isn't dealing with the change correctly.

I've been experiencing a recurring issue for the past week with my iPhone and iPad repeatedly indicating that my password has expired. Strangely, this problem doesn't occur on my Mac. It's particularly inconvenient as I rely heavily on my phone for accessing important files on the go. This persistent error message about needing to reset my password is becoming a significant inconvenience. I've changed my password 7 or 8 times now.

IMG_0840.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, Dancestop said:

I am getting constant password expiration on iOS. I even deleted app on iPad but get on iPhone too.

I am running 10.62.2 on iPhone 

I haven't seen this on Windows and Android. Seems to be something Apple specific. Are these apps that were downloaded directly from Evernote, or from the App Store?

Yes, every time I try to login on iOS iPad and Pixel 7a android it is doing this to me. Renders the service unusable. I think this is the last straw for me and will look at other solutions even if they cost more than $70 a year. Man, I remember the good ole days of evernote. :(

• Like 1

PinkElephant, thanks for the suggestion! It seems to have solved the issue… at least for now.

Btw, how do you set touch ID for Evernote on a Mac?

One problem solved, however, another one is making the use of EN almost completely impossible; it crashed constantly on iPad. Yes, I have the newest versions of both iOS and EN. Please, what to do?

TIA

• Level 5

On the Mac, you can’t set TouchID for an app. 

You set up different users, with access or no access to specific apps. Apps can be installed to give access to all users, or only to the current user. You can protect the access to the user by TouchID.

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me. Ipad ios17.1.2 evernote 10.64.0

I connect. I remain connected a minute or so, then I am disconnected, then Evernote asks for credentials, then it answers that the password has expired.

And it also disconnects mys session on mac desktop. 

I have changed the password 3 times today, without result.

I can't use evernote on any device right now.

Disabling the VPN on my iPhone resolved the issue, which is curious because I always keep it active on my laptop and have never encountered a problem there. Now, everything is working fine on both my Mac and iPhone. However, I'm still experiencing difficulties with my iPad. 
  • Like 1

Gilberto; interesting. I also have VPN running. And prefer not to disable it. You say that your Mac is working fine; is that with or without VPN? And in regards to your iPad difficulties; with or without VPN?

I REALLY hope Evernote will fix this issue that is making EN more or less useless for my needs as I often need to find notes very quickly (work related).

The VPN functions well on my Mac, but not on my iPhone; I have to turn off the VPN before logging into EV. As for my iPad, I'm still trying to resolve the issue. Honestly, it's quite frustrating. I submitted a service ticket to EV, but it took them over a month to simply suggest disabling the VPN. They provided no information on whether they're working to resolve these issues.  Updated 1-10-2024:  I spoke too soon.  Back to the same issues on iPhone as well.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, nullpunkt said:

Same problem here, and no reply from customer service. I can't use EN on my iPhone or iPad without getting a "Password Reset Required" notification.

...And did you try any of the solutions here?

EDIT: plus please do not double post. I deleted your other comment.

17 hours ago, gazumped said:

...And did you try any of the solutions here?

EDIT: plus please do not double post. I deleted your other comment.

I did try the solutions presented here, but nothing helped with the problem.

Sorry for any double posting; it wasn't intentional.

• Like 1

I disabled the VPN -> same problem

i uninstalled on my iPad then complete reinstall -> same problem 

Note that in my activity, the VPN is a must, not an option. 

• Level 5*

OK so back to basics - anyone finding the VPN solution doesn't work,  please confirm your device / OS and Evernote versions (even if you did it already). 

Also if you're a subscriber please report this to Support (I know...).  You may not get a response,  but it will give them statistics to show that this is an urgent issue.