IFTTT - Apple Notes to Evernote

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

• Level 5
  • Solution

AFAIK the current clients (all of them) don’t support any client automation. Automations need to use the server side API.

No idea if this is a decision (that could be revised) or a restriction. For desktop at least I have not found another app based on Electron that would support automations.

Thanks. I played around and got close to solving it. I had IFTTT send me an email every time I used Siri to add a reminder (it did not have to have a time). This looked promising as I could then program Gmail to forward that email to my Evernote email address. Except that it requires confirmation from that address. which I think we can't do.

So I will give up on this. I check my Apple Notes every day and might as well share them manually.

6 hours ago, laurence.glazier said:

program Gmail to forward that email to my Evernote email address. Except that it requires confirmation from that address. which I think we can't do.

I think you can work through this.  Add the address in Google as a forward address and have it send a confirmation.  It will show up as an Evernote with the link I think you need to do the confirmation (if memory serves me).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks @dvollc, that looks terrific. I am getting a message on my iPhone though, when I try to implement this. At the second stage. Create note, I get:

Access blocked, Evernote's request does not comply with Google's policies.

I have a feeling this has happened to me before ... using Gmail forwarding is my Plan B and I would rather do it your way!

I tried a few browsers, including Safari on each. But I am now finding even my original way unreliable so have given up on directly adding to Evernote. I have gone back to using Siri to add to Apple Notes and sharing them to Evernote every morning.

So I did a shortcut that allows me to say "hey siri, dictate" and then the dictation goes directly to my EN inbox.  It worked spendidly the first time and when I tried it again I got the message "Application reached hourly API limit"