Can i disable the Shortcuts in Evernote Desktop?

Go to solution Solved by clipnote,

How do I disable keyboard shortcuts in Evernote Desktop? I do not need or want them.
Reason: When typing with the 10-finger system, it occasionally happens that I accidentally activate these key combinations.

Thanks.

Are you talking about disabling all the shortcuts or just the global ones that can be accessed when you are working in other programs?

To disable the global keyboard shortcuts, you can (on Mac) hit Cmd-/ (Command Key + Forward Slash Key), then under the Global section you can hover over the left side and click the three dots and then select 'Disable' from the popup menu. Windows would be similar.

image.png.e815e6c20658b1c04845967b535492a6.png

If you are talking about all the other shortcuts like Bold, Underline, Bullet List, Checklist, etc.. I don't think there is a way to disable them. (Which I don't think there is generally a way to disable shortcut keys in other programs either?)

• Confused 1
  • Solution
1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

Are you talking about disabling all the shortcuts or just the global ones that can be accessed when you are working in other programs?

To disable the global keyboard shortcuts, you can (on Mac) hit Cmd-/ (Command Key + Forward Slash Key), then under the Global section you can hover over the left side and click the three dots and then select 'Disable' from the popup menu. Windows would be similar.

If you are talking about all the other shortcuts like Bold, Underline, Bullet List, Checklist, etc.. I don't think there is a way to disable them. (Which I don't think there is generally a way to disable shortcut keys in other programs either?)

oh i see, i can do it with your help to find the menü :)
but ... each for each for each ... its a work for long times too ;)

1 hour ago, Boot17 said:

and here i am again 🤔
sorry, but the problem is not your solution tipp, its a problem direct from the program:
exactly the options i wan to deactivate was the "F 11" Vollbildmodus - and i want to do that, but that is not possible now ... 😢

Screenshot 2023-12-06 095611.jpg

• Evernote Expert

There is no ability to disable all shortcuts. The global shortcuts can be disabled as @Boot17 described. Some but not all individual shortcuts can be changed or disabled by clicking on the three dot edit menu alongside the shortcut name when you point your mouse over it. If there is no menu then that shortcut cannot be disabled or changed.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

Nobody here can answer that question. We can just tell you what it is. I think we've presented the options. You now have the choice of what to do.

Live with what you have or find an alternative product that does what you want if this is a critical issue.

• Like 1

I could also just remove the annoying F11 key... It's really really annoying when I occasionally tap F11 while typing in the workflow and the effect of the sudden change on the screen irritates and interrupts my ideas...

Ok its so now so i know it now ...

😹

• Level 5

As I said, the Mac has had it all: It's called a Touch Bar, and it replaced the function keys with a dynamic band of screen, showing context related content (including function keys, if wanted). It got dismissed recently with the last 13" MacBook Pro. If you hurry, you can obtain one.

• Like 1