I put in a support request, but where there used to be at least an acknowledgment of said ticket, evidently Evernote is now "restructuring" its customer support... and, no, there's no message in spam. I think they are simply not acknowledging 

The app worked perfectly fine before 8 am EST today; upon updating to the new version around 8 am EST, the Evernote iOS app 10.60.0 (1212540) now opens to the sidebar, and then will not stay open for more than a few seconds. (Screen recording attached.) This does not work well for trying to access my notes during a Public Works Committee meeting. And, yes, I've done the usual rigamarole and signed out and restarted my iPhone 15 (iOS 17.1.1) and uninstalled -- more than once. Unfortunately, the app will not stay open long enough for me to download the activity log, so...

Any ideas? My Evernote Personal subscription is supposed to renew this Friday ($75.59 to $140.39).

• Level 5*

Hi.  Check here to confirm your ticket was recorded - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/ - the autoresponder is presumably trying to reassure users that things are in hand and give some options for routine issues that might solve things quickly.  

You could try uninstalling the app entirely and then powering off and on / reinstalling to ensure you have the latest version and no update issues...

Thank you, gazumped! This is the most timely response I have ever received relative to Evernote.

Oh yes, I am very very familiar with the 'My Requests' support ticket page, having submitted a dozen requests in the last few years. Just to be clear: There is no autoresponse anymore, where I at least used to receive an acknowledgment of my email. (And no, there is no autoresponse in my spam folder either. Though I did get a pithy message from someone named Federico a few weeks ago telling me my Evernote Personal subscription rate was doubling for "new subscribers.") I have loved Evernote for so long -- member since July 2013 -- but I simply I cannot consistently get the customer support I need and pay for.

Yes, I uninstalled the app and then powered on/off and reinstalled...going on the third time now! Unfortunately, it's a short work week due to the holiday and thus I cannot spend countless hours (yet again) troubleshooting Evernote. I want to be clear that I do not want to look for other options but I feel like I am being forced into finding another solution because Evernote will not function consistently and I need something I can rely on for work, health, and house reminders. 

• Level 5

If an app crashes, something is amiss. The iOS app itself is working, at least if it is up to date (10.59).

If it still is not working, make sure on uninstalling you take these additional steps:

When asked to dump all data, dump them

After uninstalling, make a forced (!) restart of the iOS device. This will clean out the last niches of data that may got stuck somewhere. It will completely reboot the OS kernel, and give all apps a fresh platform. How to make a forced restart may differ from model to model, but with the newer ones you usually press these keys in quick succession: volume up - volume down - and now press and hold the side button until the Apple logo shows on the screen.

As of five hours ago, the latest iOS version of Evernote -- which, again, I should know better than to update right away!! -- is version 10.60.0, which claims to fix miscellaneous bugs. 

I have never been asked to dump all data so I do not know what that means. Normally I am also able to send an activity log, but I cannot get Evernote to stay open long enough to access it. 

I did the hard reset -- Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button. -- no dice. My tasks for the last week show up as incomplete and then the app crashes, like so (video is too big to attach: https://share.icloud.com/photos/05dw0Iwo2A0IheO34elbFxi9g).

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

No idea then. I run EN on a bunch of Apple devices, the oldest being an iPad Air 2 (2014) and an iPhone 6S+ (2015), the youngest an iPhone 15 Pro Max - no issues on any of them.

You likely will need support. But waiting time is about 14 days, and it would be quite helpful if you could issue the ticket from the very device that crashes on you - hard to achieve, I know.

5 hours ago, Not happy either said:

As of five hours ago, the latest iOS version of Evernote -- which, again, I should know better than to update right away!! -- is version 10.60.0, which claims to fix miscellaneous bugs. 

I have never been asked to dump all data so I do not know what that means. Normally I am also able to send an activity log, but I cannot get Evernote to stay open long enough to access it. 

I did the hard reset -- Press and quickly release the volume up button. Press and quickly release the volume down button. Press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the side button. -- no dice. My tasks for the last week show up as incomplete and then the app crashes, like so (video is too big to attach: https://share.icloud.com/photos/05dw0Iwo2A0IheO34elbFxi9g).

Same behavior with my iPhone 😞

• Level 5*

10.60.0 is crashing on my iPad. It loads and then crashes about 5-10 seconds later.  A delete and reload doesn’t fix it.  I have not, and will not update my phone yet.  Folks may want to wait for the .1 version.

I concur – and yet another issue is that I cannot sign out. The Evernote app goes to a spinning wheel of ‘signing out’ and then crashes. (As mentioned, and as shown in the video, I can’t get the app to run for more than 10 seconds.) So I also cannot sign out unless I am really fast – like my practice sessions trying to export the activity log in as few steps as possible. 

I was just saying to my spouse: Can you imagine if any time I wanted to listen to, say, Madonna that I had to get on support with Spotify? (Evernote wants me to pay $12 or so a month, so I see it as an equivalent.) Can you imagine that anytime Spotify released an “update,” I would have to email back and forth with tech support, exporting song logs and playlists and getting nowhere after days on end? This is my Evernote experience over the last bunch of years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All approaches, uninstall - reinstall - forced reboot, does not fix the problem.

Logging off isn't possible, because the appointment crashed (closed) too early.

Webclient is the only working one 😕

Evernote V 10.60.0 is not working properly.
The application opens and then closes.
It's impossible to work or even generate an activity log to request support.
I've reinstalled the application twice and it hasn't solved the problem.

iPhone 15 ProMax IOS 17.1.1.

Same problem on my old iPhone 7 Plus IOS 15.7.9

• 4 weeks later...

EN10.62.0 crashing on iPadOS17.2

EN crashes the instant I try to edit any Note.

Tried everything mentioned in this post, including uninstall—>hard reset —> re-install.

Just about to contact the infamous so-called “EN Customer Support” (ECS) to generate a support ticket….

The worst part is that ECS doesn’t even have an option for the most common issue i.e. app usability…
the only three options are: a/c billiing, a/c management  and subscription/billing issues…
makes me think the ONLY thing they care about is money.

Oh, the joys of being an EN User…

Couldn’t agree more with @Not happy either’s comment about having to “contact Spotify support everytime you want to play a song”…

Seriously need to find an alternative to EN… this is getting out of hand…

image.png

• Level 5

In another thread we had this finding: App problems seem to be related to using an Apple keyboard, which is directly connected through the connector pins.

I use a BT keyboard and have no issues.

Maybe you can try to reproduce this.

About the selection: Tried to scroll the selection field up ? When I do, more options show.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

In another thread we had this finding: App problems seem to be related to using an Apple keyboard, which is directly connected through the connector pins.

I use a BT keyboard and have no issues.

Maybe you can try to reproduce this.

About the selection: Tried to scroll the selection field up ? When I do, more options show.

I am having the same issue with iOS 17.2 just installed and using an Apple Magic Keyboard attached to my iPad.

Now after your tipp using a BT keyboard, EN is not crashing.

Thank you, for this short term workaround.

• Like 1

Hi @PinkElephant

Thanks for replying… I just discovered the other thread and posted there as I thought it would be more pertinent…

Came back here to delete my previous comment lest I be told off by @gazumped for double-posting! 😇

#1 Yes…. The issue is with the Apple keyboard connected- but EN can’t expect people to go buy a new keyboard every time they release an update which hapless souls then download in the false hope of getting their existing EN issues resolved - only to discover deadlier issues with the latest update… 😅

#2 No- scrolling up on the EN so-called support page does not give any more options….

Many thanks for your input…

Now, @PinkElephant,- since you’ve already been kind enough to reply to my previous post in this thread, do I delete my previous post or not- what is the proper “netiquette” here, please? ( @gazumped please bear with me here…)

Many thanks, once again…

🙏

• Like 2
On 12/15/2023 at 6:32 AM, JustMatt said:

Hi all,

unfortunately, EN keeps on crashing, eventhough I am using an external BT keyboard (none Apple) 😏

I’m assuming the app goes back to working as normal when you disconnect the keyboard/turn off Bluetooth?

EN has said in response to some tech support tickets to also turn off Stage Manager, it can be an additional trigger for this problem - typically it would be off by default except when you have an external display connected, but you can check it in your Control Center

Fingers crossed for a patch within another couple of days.

57 minutes ago, Yetisis said:

I’m assuming the app goes back to working as normal when you disconnect the keyboard/turn off Bluetooth?

EN has said in response to some tech support tickets to also turn off Stage Manager, it can be an additional trigger for this problem - typically it would be off by default except when you have an external display connected, but you can check it in your Control Center

Fingers crossed for a patch within another couple of days.

EN was crashing on my iPad Pro whenever I tried to type with either my Magic Keyboard or from my Mac using Universal Control. Turning off Stage Manager seems to do the trick…but I really like Stage Manager lol. Any word on when this will be resolved?