Start Fresh Search Shortcut?

Hello,

I'm a long time Evernote user just getting accustomed to v10 for Windows desktop.  So here's my first question.  In Evernote 6, there was a short cut that would start a fresh search of all notebooks, with the previous search query cleared out.  Is there such a shortcut, or mouse click, that will do that?

I've tried ctrl + alt + f in v10, but it seems typically to leave the previous search query in the box and the notebook from the previous search selected. So to start a fresh search I have to clear the search box and the notebook from the previous search

Thanks

I wasn't aware there used to be a shortcut to do a fresh search but I can see why you might want it. This reminds me of another small irritation that hasn't been changed since v10 launched, and that is the previous search term is not selected when using a keyboard shortcut. In most applications, invoking the search function will select the previous search term so that it's automatically deleted if one types in a new search term. In Evernote, one must first delete the old term before typing in a new term.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your kind replies.

I just checked. Ctrl+Alt+F in Evernote 6 starts a fresh search in All Notebooks. You don't have to fiddle with the extra steps of clearing the search query (with the "x") and returning to All Notebooks.

Evernote 6 also has "Evernote Icon Action" options in the Windows taskbar icon, accessible by right clicking the icon. This allows setting up the taskbar icon so that one click (1) opens the app and (2) starts a fresh search (3) in All Notebooks.  That's one click vs. a multiple step process.

• Evernote Expert

You are correct that some ways of doing things have changed between V6 and v10 of the Evernote software.

Initially I found that irksome but within a week or two I had made the switch and was no longer irked.

• Like 1