Rolling out Desktop 10.65

43 minutes ago, Federico Simionato said:

You can now download 10.65.3 which fixes the sync problem 

Thank you Federico and thank you for being so active in the community. It's really nice to see the product lead directly interact with customers.

• Like 7

@Federico Simionato I found a significant reproducible memory leak in the Windows client. I opened a ticket with support but haven't heard much from them. When adjusting the size of the sidebar on the Recommended power mode in Windows 11 the animation lags. When I change my power mode to best performance it doesn't lag but there is a huge CPU and memory spike. I believe there may be an optimization issue here and it is lagging when the efficient power mode is in use, This does not occur in the web app.  I'm including a screen recording. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

For me, It is still the case that backlinks (internal app links) in notes in a search result list  fail to link to the correct note. 

Any note in the result list that has a backlink will wind up selecting/pointing to the first note in the result list.

If the search is cleared, the backlinks work correctly.

Contrary to the release notes on a previous release, the backlink issue  HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.

Furthermore (new observation):  If you select a backlink from  a note from the search results list, you always get  the first note in the search results list ( already reported above). AND,  there is an additional problem:  if (from one of the returned notes, you select a backlink and wind up with the first note in the list) AND THEN you try to use the go-back function  "<"  (topmost left in the leftmost notebook panel).. the result is a blank/empty search results note list panel AND a blank/empty note panel.

UPDATE 11/06/2023, have updated windows desktop app  to 10.65.3-win-ddl-public (20231103200848).  The backlink problem with notes in a search results list has not been resolved. ☹️

Edited by amInMarina
app update type-o corrected to 11/6/2023
  • Sad 1

@Federico Simionato, good afternoon!

I have 

10.65.3-win-ddl-public (20231103200848)
Editor: v176.15.0
Service: v1.77.1
© 2019 - 2023 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

installed.

================================

When I View or edit a note and choose "Open in New Window" from the "..." menu of the note, the new note window opens at halfway off-screen. I have to use the Move command of the note window to bring the note window into a useful space on my monitor, in order to edit the note. Need resolved thanks.

• Level 5

Just ran a little test: I opened a note by a double click (does the same as open in new window). And I did this repetitively, to see what happens.

Each note opened where the one before has been, plus a little offset to the right. To me it looks as if it saves the position of the last new window, and moves the next one slightly to the right, to be able to show several windows nicely and overlappingly arranged.

Maybe you can try and see if it's the same on Windows - I'm on a Mac.

• Like 1
Just now, PinkElephant said:

Just ran a little test: I opened a note by a double click (does the same as open in new window). And I did this repetitively, to see what happens.

Each note opened where the one before has been, plus a little offset to the right. To me it looks as if it saves the position of the last new window, and moves the next one slightly to the richt, to be able to show several windows nicely and overlappingly arranged.

Hi there.  I just tried your suggestion - I am on a Windows machine - two note windows opened in more or less the center of the Evernote application window.  The third note window opened more than halfway off the top of the screen.

6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Each note opened where the one before has been, plus a little offset to the right. To me it looks as if it saves the position of the last new window, and moves the next one slightly to the richt, to be able to show several windows nicely and overlappingly arranged.

Hi, @PinkElephant.  I tried this again.  First note opened a window in the center of the screen.  Notes (in separate windows) two through 5 all opened halfway off the top of the desktop.

Something very strange happened with the tasks in my notes. All of them updated to the current month, but when I completed the tasks on my smartphone and then went to the PC client, there was a synchronization issue where all the tasks reverted to the previous month. In other words, they were overdue and displayed in red. Evernote has become unreliable since the disastrous v10.

I'm using v10.65.3.

• Level 5

Here's a little something that could be added to the release notes of pretty much every major update:

Overrode user de-selection of "Strikethrough completed checklist items" in Notes Settings.

I realize that many people find it vastly preferable, almost mandatory, to strike through a completed checklist item. There is probably even some system/cult of work efficiency that requires it. But there is also a sizable group of us that find that this is pointlessly redundant, is also ugly to look at, and obscures the text of the item.

I know you get lots of tags, @Federico Simionato, but please at long last ask your programmers to stop overriding the user choice in that area of settings when there is an update! As an incentive, they could check off, strike through, black out, and erase that instruction in their things-to-update list if it makes them feel better.

Sorry for ranting. But it does get aggravating to open a note that has a checklist and be confronted with all the strikethroughs. 20 seconds to go to settings and fix it. Still aggravating.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Thank you for this thread.

[UPDATE: I have created a much more detailed report on this issue here (and also submitted it to Support): https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/148764-sidebar-partially-hidden-in-vertical-window-10653-10663/ ]

Version 10.65.3, which was automatically installed today (9 November, 2023), broke the sidebar on my vertical monitors (1920x1080) in the Windows app, on Windows 10.
  • The sidebar acts as if it's on a shorter display, and cuts off about 3/4 of the way down the screen, leaving a large black block at the bottom.
  • The sidebar behaves normally otherwise. I can scroll down to see more, but the sidebar ends well above the bottom of the display.
  • This is a new issue - it was working fine before the update.
  • Relaunching the app did not help.
  • Shutting down and restarting the computer did not help.
  • It still works normally in the Web interface.
Should I open a support ticket or file a bug report on this? And if so, where? I've so far failed to find a way to contact Support.

Evernote Sidebar Bug Nov 9 2023.png

Edited by Linda Eskin
Provided new information.
  • Level 5
On 11/9/2023 at 6:37 PM, Linda Eskin said:
Thank you for this thread.

Version 10.65.3, which was automatically installed today (9 November, 2023), broke the sidebar on my vertical monitors (1920x1080) in the Windows app, on Windows 10.
  • The sidebar acts as if it's on a shorter display, and cuts off about 3/4 of the way down the screen, leaving a large black block at the bottom.
  • The sidebar behaves normally otherwise. I can scroll down to see more, but the sidebar ends well above the bottom of the display.
  • This is a new issue - it was working fine before the update.
  • Relaunching the app did not help.
  • Shutting down and restarting the computer did not help.
  • It still works normally in the Web interface.
Should I open a support ticket or file a bug report on this? And if so, where? I've so far failed to find a way to contact Support.

Evernote Sidebar Bug Nov 9 2023.png

Someone else is reporting an issue in v. 10.66 that looks similar, though I don't know that it's the same:

• Like 1