How to search for something ONLY within a certain tag?

It used to be easy (with earlier versions of Evernote) to select a tag and then search only within those notes for a certain item.  Somewhere along the upgrades this has changed and I can't see how to do this anymore.  I have a notebook of suppliers and within that notebook are invoices from all my suppliers.  Each is tagged with the supplier name.  It used to be easy to select all invoices from a particular supplier and then search for a specific item within those notes.

Let's say I'm searching for invoices containing "glass" from a specific (tagged) supplier.  Earlier versions let me select the tag and then enter what I'm looking for in a search box.  Now if I try that after first selecting the tag, the search turns up "glass" from several of my suppliers.  I only want to search a specific supplier.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  The order of thngs may have changed slightly,  but the principle should still be the same - just search for your invoice first,  then filter the search by tag.  If you do this regularly you could save the search and apply it with one click.  More on searches here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040282613

22 hours ago, Mtl_Biker said:

It used to be easy (with earlier versions of Evernote) to select a tag and then search only within those notes for a certain item. 

This is still possible (at least on the latest windows client): select a tag in the left pane and then enter your search string.

Of course you can also specify the tag in your search string: "tag:XYZ  abcd"  or you can do a AI search

Have you tried using Ai search at all? You can do something like "Show me notes for XXX with the tag XXXX".

The original post said "Let's say I'm searching for invoices containing "glass" from a specific (tagged) supplier." - see if Ai search would give you a quicker answer.

You might need to fiddle around with how you ask the question based on the information in your notes but once you have a system it may work.