How Can I Change the Note Cover Photo in Evernote?

Hello Evernote Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I have been using Evernote for a while now and find it incredibly helpful in organizing my notes and ideas. However, I have a question regarding the note cover photo feature, and I'm hoping someone here might have the answer.

I have attached a screenshot for reference. As you can see, there's a note with a cover photo. I have been trying to figure out how to change this cover photo, but so far, I haven't had any luck. I believe having a customized cover photo for each note would greatly enhance my organization and visual experience within Evernote.

Could someone please guide me on how to change the cover photo for a note? Is it even possible, or is this feature not available yet? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Kotren

screenshot_evernote.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you selected a notebook in the left window,  what you are looking at on the right is a list of all the notes in that notebook with their individual 'thumbnail' images.  There are no cover images for notebooks.  Thumbnails are chosen by some arcane process from all the images in the note as being the best size and quality to be the thumbnail,  and are not directly replaceable.  The best you may be able to do would be to create a new note,  initially with only the image you wish to be the thumbnail,  and wait till that image is visible in this list.  Then copy the rest of the content from the 'old' note into the new one and hope that the image doesn't change...

THX for that idea:

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

The best you may be able to do would be to create a new note,  initially with only the image you wish to be the thumbnail,  and wait till that image is visible in this list. 

Does it work in all cases? I've tried many things to define a thumbnail (image at bottom of a note, images of special type (png, jpg, ...), image of special sizes (smallest, widest, ...) but didn't came to the idea that it never changes after EN has choosen a specific (the only within a note before otheres where added later) 😉

If I'd vote for a definition: EN should always take to one at the bottom of a note. Easy to understand, easy to maintain...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

Does it work in all cases?

There've been varying reports - I don't usually bother about thumbnails;  with 60K notes they don't make much difference to me.  With the fails,  I did wonder if folks were creating a new note / adding their favourite image / and then more or less immediately adding the rest of the content.  If you notice,  it does take a little while for Evernote to do its thing and show the picture;  which is why I said to wait.  Maybe adding more pictures immediately gives the app time to choose between them. -Heck maybe the app has a delay to see whether any more pics are going to be added.

IIRC the original formula was "the image with the biggest short dimension" which is presumably a way to pick the best resolution,  and I'd guess they didn't add any options because face it: nobody here is going to agree on the best one!

Still - new owners,  so maybe more choices coming...

• Thanks 1

I stopped using the snippet view because the thumbnail image selection is so inconsistent and so the thumbnail itself could then also be quite misleading. It was also quite common for the thumbnail image to be different for the same note on different devices.

So now I just use the list view and so I don’t see the thumbnail image and life is good now. 

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, AlbertR said:

If I'd vote for a definition: EN should always take to one at the bottom of a note. Easy to understand, easy to maintain...

I like that idea except where this problem bothers me most is with web clips.  Regardless of definition it would still be wrong likely most of the time.  I prefer snippet view but I’m tired of fighting this, so like @Boot17 I’ve moved over to list view.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, s2sailor said:

I prefer snippet view but I’m tired of fighting this, so like @Boot17 I’ve moved over to list view.

Me too 😉 
Over a long time I supposed that the last image (at bottom of a note) is shown in snipped view, so I've hundreds of notes with a characteristic image there. And I'll continue to do so because I believe that this will be the (or at least one possible) rule to define the image in snippet view...

95% of my time in EN I use list view during my real work. But to explain features (anvantages, highlights, ...) of EN to other collgues or friends, I mention and show the snipped view because it shows the idea of having written notes that holds images and attached documents, garnished by typical snipped images - it's an impressive view 👍

• Like 1
On 28. 10. 2023 at 21:32, Boot17 said:

Prestal som používať zobrazenie úryvkov, pretože výber miniatúrnych obrázkov je taký nekonzistentný, a preto by samotná miniatúra mohla byť tiež dosť zavádzajúca. Taktiež bolo celkom bežné, že sa miniatúra pre tú istú poznámku na rôznych zariadeniach líšila.

Takže teraz používam iba zobrazenie zoznamu, takže nevidím miniatúrny obrázok a život je teraz dobrý. 

mee too...