Newer Version of Evernote is Terrible!

Sorry for that but i should say that!

I have been using the legacy version of evernote because of newer version of evernote is terrible. Legacy version of evernote is working fine, tools, tags, performance of the program is more better than newer version. 
If you ask why did you switch the newer version of evernote ? 
Suddenly my notes started to not sync with server. Therefore I have to updated the evernote to the newer version. But I really don't want it!

The problem started with the newer version. I started not being able to find the notes I was looking for. In the older version of evernote I made many tags to find the notes more fastly and I was able to find these notes just by hit the CTRL+Q combination. It was super fast to find the notes. The performance was much more better. 

In the new version, I can't be organized, can't take a note can't find my notes. 

So, thank you for this. 

I just want to use legacy version of evernote by sync my notes with your server.

• Level 5

EN legacy demands a specific (and completely outdated) database on the server. The new clients run on a modern, more complex data structure. The last step into this modern concept was done this May when RTE syncing was introduced, finally solving the years old problem with note conflicts and duplication.

The new data structure can't be used by legacy. Currently they need to permanently run conversions of data, depending on whether a modern or a legacy client is calling home. This means high operating cost, and a very difficult environment for innovation. That's the background for the phasing out of legacy.

This will happen, it will happen soon, and it will be final.

What you want will play no role any more. You are using software that is deprecated for 3 years now, out of your own decision, on your own risk, and when syncing stops, you better have your Plan B implemented or ready to go.

• Level 5*

It's also worth noting that a new install can take a few days before it is completely set up.  Things may be very slow for a few days,  then start to speed up.

Things are (mostly) still possible,  but some now hide under different menus or are set up in different ways - it's all very upsetting and unfamiliar.  I felt the same as you over a year ago when I first started the new version,  but gradually it has become my daily partner,  and I haven't used the old Legacy version in months...

If you do feel you're missing something important please do come back here and ask - we'll probably be able to tell you how to get things done using Evernote or a work-around.

Also, Ahmet, it might be helpful to know what hardware you're running on and what clients you are using and having issues with.  Hardware: Windows, Mac or mobile; client: web (and which browser), desktop, IOS, or Android, and what version number of each.  Updates to clients are coming rapidly, which makes the version number important.  Finally, which level Evernote are you running: Free, Personal, Professional, Teams?   Each can have their little differences.  You are also posting in the Teams section of the forum - can we assume you are running Teams, or does this section just happen to be where you found yourself when you posted?

All of this information can be helpful for all of these very knowledgeable fellow users (far more knowledgeable than me!) as they give you advice.

But I think there is hope: many users who initially mention speed as an issue seem to eventually resolve whatever the issues are.

Good luck,

Vinnie

• Like 1